What's new

2004 NHL Playoffs: Round 1 (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Wow. Calgary scores more goals in the 1st two games of this series than the Av's did the entire series. Looks like you can score on Nabokov. Despite my Av's being knocked out, this is a pretty entertaining series to watch. Especially watching the Flames take it to the Sharks in game 2.
Bitterman?????Me?????Noooooo.:D
GO FLAMES GO!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i don't think the flames jerseys are predominantly orange at all. I'd say the broncos have more orange on their jerseys and the cleveland browns have an orange jersey they sport as well.

i know you said the 4 major sports but i just read an article on espn about how syracuse was changing their teamname to orange to celebrate the fact that they're the only major college with orange as their colour, sorry lew I guess the little college you're talking about isn't even the eyesight of syracuse:)

Go Flames Go!

chris rick

Second Unit
Man the Flames look good! That plus San Jose looks terrible. They'll be tough in the finals for either the Flyers or Tampa (I don't see San Jose coming back)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i agree, i dont think any team can compete with calgary right now without some major changes. although i wouldnt mind seeing tampa bay win, i would be surprised if anyone but calgary won at this point.

CJ

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

That makes no sense. First of all, Syracuse is already called the Orangemen. Second, I can think of three other major college programs just off the top of my head that have orange as a primary color -- Texas, Illinois and Tennessee.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Scott, they're changing their name from orangemen and orangewomen to orange.

and the article states that they are the only major college with orange as it's "official" colour. i don't know what that really means though.

Link

chris rick

Second Unit
ugghh that was a painful first period. Esche should have had both of those :angry: Flyers look flat and aren't capitalizing on Tampa's turnovers tonight like they did in game 2.

chris rick

Second Unit
Well Tampa can thank Khabibulin for holding onto their 2-0 lead after two. The Flyers look really inconsistent, bummer. For a lot of the second they looked like they were on a power play but can't score at all. This series has been really weird so far. Anyone else notice how bad the ice is tonight by the way? Pucks are bouncing all over the friggin place and guys can't even make clean passes--that sucks.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
lucky bounce on the primeau goal as the puck was bouncing off a couple bodies to come to rest at his feet.

That lecavalier breakaway was a pretty horrid play by esche. he was way too deep in his net and had no chance and wouldn't have had any chance on a deke either. reminded me of nabakov on donovan's breakaway in game 2 of the sharks series.

I'm off to go root my Flames on. Go Flames Go

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yeah, the ice is pretty bad, but we're used to it here in Florida. :)

Great passing by the Lightning on those last two goals. First the perfect lightning strike from St. Louis to set up Vinny's break. Second, the back and fourth passing that set up Brad Richards on the left side of the net.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the Boulin wall responded with a nice outing. They posted a nice stat that I found interesting: The Lightning are undefeated on the road in the playoffs so far. That alone says alot for this team.

Now onto the Flames game. I suspect the Flames will go for the killing blow here.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Overall, good game for the Lightning, but they seemed off in the second period. Fortunately, that wasn't enough for the Flyers to make a comeback. Excellent defense in the second half of the third period, not allowing the Flyers to do much at the end of the game.

And those last two goals to put the game away were highlight reel caliber all the way.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yup! The Lightning break the Flyers home ice unbeaten streak and keep their unbeaten road game streak alive in the process.

You would think that bad ice would benefit Philly more than Tampa Bay but it didn't turn out that way. The Lightning scored a couple of "highlight reel" goals and really answered the call after Primeau scored. It took them less than 1 minute. :emoji_thumbsup:

This next game is HUGE!

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The Lightning play at least 30% of their home games on bad ice due to weather in Florida. Even with the changes that they have made to the SPT Forum prior to the start of this season to keep it cooler, October and parts of Novemeber are warm with high humidity, and so is March and later.

Most people don't notice the changes--just that the building is noticeably colder--, but I cover Arena Football in that building, so I've seen all the behind the scenes changes made in an attempt to maintain the ice better. While the mods help, there is no way they will ever be perfect, especially with all the events that they have that require constant covering and uncovering of the ice and allowing warm air in through the service ramp.

I don't think Philadelphia comes even close to having as many warm and humid days during hockey season as we do here in the Tampa Bay area.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
yeesh.
not a bad game for the flames but they've got to work harder to get in front of the net. scary how good geni played (fine, i give people dumb nicknames) but all of the flames chances came with a clear view. great job by the sharks defenders to keep the flames out of the way.

I predict philadelphia will come out strong and even up there series, and calgary will go back to the work ethic that won them the first two games and take the series in 5. but...once again, i'm just ecstatic they made the playoffs!:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Looks like the momentum of the series may have changed in the Western Conference. Calgary had some chances but just couldn't get the puck in the net.

Too bad i won't be home to watch WC Game 4 on Sunday. The Summer Classic Film Series at Tampa Theatre starts this Sunday. And the only way I will miss the film series is if I'm out of town or there is a Lightning game.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yes, we're not dead yet. Sharks haven't played very well lately and game 3 is hopefully a stepping stone to better and more consistent played games. I don't mind loosing games like in game 1 (Kipper was the difference) but when you don't show up and get pasted as we did in game 2, that stinks.

Gotta give it to the Flames though, they came out with emotion and were very well prep'ed against us so far. Gotta figure it's going to be another nail biter on Sunday. Very evenly matched series IMHO.

I like Philly but I don't see them being able to keep up with TB's speed as the series goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks