What's new

2004 NCAA Football season (1 Viewer)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
sigh.....

i think things started going wrong when the band leader fell trying a flip right before the game started...

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Officials just tried to give "paper powerhouse" Auburn a score against lowly GT but they could only get 3 out of it.

Commentators still talking about Auburn in the Title Game. WOW!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Woo hoo! GT takes down Auburn hard. Auburn's QB was harrassed and hurried quite a bit in this game, and only mounted a few good throws (but making some really bad plays to keep them out of scoring position in the second half). I'm enjoying watching true freshman QB Reggie Ball as he steps up and is making some good plays, and not forcing the plays. GT does need to get better at catching the catchable passes, and not fumble the ball as much either.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I don't know what Joe Paterno is thinking. His offensive gameplan is all over the place. It is OBVIOUS that the two best players on the team are Michael Robinson and Austin Scott yet they are lucky to see a touch on each drive. When Paterno finally faced facts that Zack Mills has lost any promise he showed early last year, he ran an option with Robinson and Scott. It worked beautfully. Another thing. You could tell that BC planned on facing Austin Scott and keyed on him whenever he was in the game yet PAterno failed to effectivly use play action even though BC was willing to bite. I don't know, the answer seems so obvious.

That being said, Penn State should have WON the game. A fumbe on the 18 and inside the 5. Score in those instances and PSU wins 28-27. Damn shame.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that was a helluva comeback by Miami over Florida tonight, quite a nailbiter until the end. Florida's QB Chris Leak is going to be a good QB. Miami's QB Berlin just got it into gear the second half and was in the zone to bring his team back from a big deficit in the 3rd quarter.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Bleh, the Gators should be ashamed. They went ultra conservative when they were up 33-10. I know it's hard not to but man it was sad how much room they were giving on defense. Zook needs to realize games are 60 minutes.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Florida is going to be scary in the next two years. And what the hell happened to Auburn?

I was pulling for Marshall so badly. That Tenn (I'm not spelling out that one) and Florida game next week looks to be good. And is it just my imagination or does Oklahoma have a great defense, but a pretty shoddy offense?

Why does Ohio State even bother with passing?

Miami is going to have a tough time against V Tech down the road.

Somehow, that prediction by Kirk Herbstreit is looking better and better...

Michigan will beat Ohio State this year.

Frank Solich isn't going to get fired after this year. I think he'll pull together a solid 9 win season. Logic dictates that the person you hire should be better than the person you fire, but if real life is any lesson, things never happen that way.

Wake Forest is not a joke.

And Kentucky is going 4 and 8.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
uNDdefeated and still without a decent QB!!! ;) It's probably going to end real soon this year unfortunately so I might as well post it now. At least they were able to get the comeback win today.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
That Florida State defense is looking rather salty. :D

But the FSU strength of schedule took a couple of big hits yesterday with NC St and UVA falling. And when the irish were down 19 I was fearing the worst, but they prevailed.

The irish at Michigan should be a good one. If ND wins, it should set up a battle of unbeatens on Nov 1 when the Noles come a knockin'.

That is...after FSU hands Miami its only loss of the year on Oct 11. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Next weekend's game against Notre Dame will tell just how good Michigan is. Their running game looks improved, but it's really tough to tell against the competition they've played so far. The game against the Irish, and the next week at Oregon, will give a better indication. If the Wolverines can win those two games, I may begin to believe some of the preseason hype.

As for Ohio State, they will miss Clarett. The Buckeyes were a much better team with him in the lineup last season.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yeh, it must be rough for the fans to see only one field goal in two games this season.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Dammit!! Ell Roberson (QB of Kansas State) may be out the rest of the season. My friend heard on the radio that he underwent surgery on his hand today. Then one of the guys he works heard from Bill Snyder's nephew that Ell is definitely injured but said it was not his throwing hand. I don't know what this means, as Snyder's nephew isn't allowed to say how bad the injury is. Not good!!!

This is what happens when KSU plays all of these no-name teams. All of our players get injured before the big games. (Sproles was injured, not bad, against a no-name last weekend.) Grrr!!

I'd better start praying to the College Football Gods. :frowning:

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well Oklahoma pulled out yet another strange victory over what I'd call an underrated Defense in Alabama.

The Fresno and UCLA games upcoming are all that the more interesting now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is what happens when KSU plays all of these no-name teams. All of our players get injured before the big games. (Sproles was injured, not bad, against a no-name last weekend.) Grrr!!
Does Kansas State ever play a real team in its non-conference schedule? They seem to be the Wisconsin of the Big 12 -- get an early season ranking based on beating up on schools like Sister Mary Margaret's School for Wayward Girls :) , then lose to the good teams in the conference. Heck, the Badgers even "earned" a Rose Bowl berth one year because of their pathetic non-conference schedule. They tied for the conference title, but the deciding tie-breaker was overall (meaning non-conference) record.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Bob Stoops is amazing. There wasn't a person watching that game that saw the fake punt coming. What do they do on the very next play? Go for the jugular. Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks