What's new

2004 NCAA Football season (1 Viewer)

GlenRF

Agent
I was wondering if anyone is really anticipating the football season and if you are what is your favorite team and what do you think the season will bring to the bowl games. as for me I live in Ohio, columbus to be exact so I am with the Buckeyes and for a repeat of a national title.
:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Definitely looking forward to the 2004 Season ;) considering I just found out I lost out in the ticket lottery for the ND@Michigan, NDvFSU, and ND@BC for 2003. :frowning: Never had a problem getting those BC tickets before.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Go Blue!!!

This feels like such a long time in between seasons this year. And we all know that for Ohio State to win another championship they would have to be Michigan at the end of the year. I know for a fact that it is not allowed for them to be UofM 3 times in a row, so I am sorry but no championship for them this year.:)

Cant wait. I think the first college games are Aug. 31 or something like that.

Brandon

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Considering us Southerners live and breathe college football, opening weekend can not get here quick enough. Granted my team doesn't have a chance to go to any bowl games, but we can really screw up the SEC west.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I was really excited when I bought a multi-year package of UCONN football tickets. Looking forward to see Virginia Tech come to town in 2004 and Miami in 2005.

I'm still excited about seeing them in the new stadium, but the whole ACC/Big East thing has somewhat dampened everyone's spirit here in Husky territory.

GlenRF

Agent
Brandon I Am sorry to say this but Ohio State will repeat and it will be glorious and they will beat Michigan. because when Jim tressel was Hired all the rules went out the door :D. My stepfather keeps saying that Ohio State will loose to Michigan and we go back and forth. I just know I cant wait till this season starts, its going to be a fun season.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Normally I am juiced for the start of the season, but the Huskers still haven't fired their coach. Frank Solich sucks donkey eggs! I say it every year and every year he proves me right.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Yall might not have fired your coach yet, but at least you haven't had 3 different coaches since the end of last season.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Our Boise State Broncos gave us an exciting season last year finishing 15th in the polls. This year it will be harder as we face the better teams on the road. Lost a few seniors including our running back who scored 32 touchdowns.

If you are channel surfing during the season and stumble across a funky blue turf field, think of us. Oh wait, we are playing those ESPN televised games on the road. Maybe we will get a couple of TV home games in 2004 vs BYU, Oregon State, and Fresno State.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am getting excited for this upcoming season, but for me, this offseason hasn't been that bad, it has moved along rather quickly.

As a Michigan fan I am excited about this years team because(baring injury) it is going to a very good football team, it can even be great. No doubt this team will be playing in a BCS Bowl, and should be playing as the B11 Champions. The offense will be very, very good, and the defense should get better as the year goes on; not to mention the Kicking game will be better.

The schedule is as much as in our favor as it has been in a long, long time. ND, OSU and MSU(not that they matter) will all be at AA, and we don't play Wisc and PSU(they haven't beat UM for awhile but they are still going to be tough). Ohio State will not win in AA this year.

This team will be good enough that a 2 loss season could be very disapointing.

BTW, Maurice Clarett better not walk out on anymore mid-term exams b/c they will not let him retake it orally at the end of the year this time.;) It still blows me away when I think of that; not that I care, it just is nuts.(I don't want to put this thread on a tangent with my last paragraph so....

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I am excited, but each season seems to bring less excitement for me. The reason: Too many conference games. I am a Florida State fan, and when the Seminoles made a name for themselves in the '80s, they were independent and seemingly played different teams every couple of years.

Now, it is the same thing every year, Duke, Wake Forest, UNC, blah, blah, blah. I know rivalries are great for college football, and I really anticipate the yearly battles against Florida and Miami. But too many conference games against weak teams = boring.

As for the upcoming season, I see my Seminoles are ranked outside the Top 10 in many preseason mags. When was the last time that happened? I almost cried when FSU lost to OU in the Orange Bowl in Weinke's last game, because FSU fans knew it would be a LONG time before we got back to the top.

This year's non-conference schedule includes Miami, Colorado, Notre Dame and Florida. I wish every so-called college football powerhouse would have the guts to schedule such tough non-conference foes. (That means you, Texas, playing weaklings like New Mexico State, Rice and Tulane. What a pity. And Texas fans wonder why their team can't get any respect.)

GlenRF

Agent
that was funny with the exam and as for JoePa I think hes a good coach but one thing if any other coaches would push around or get in a the refs faces like he does then they would be gone from the game and the only reason they let him do it is becasue if they told him to leave the feild he might have a heart attack about it.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
GO BUCKS! They got their core team back again and IF key players can stay healthy it could be another great season for the Buckeyes! It will be hard to repeat as champions, but I'll be watching every game to see if they can do it. Hey Glen, want to get together for a game and watch it? Might get some other OH HT people to watch it with us too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks