What's new

2004 movies you walked out on. AKA worst movies. (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Why should they? You bought permission to be in a room for a couple hours, not any sort of guarantee.

I think most will offer a refund if you have to leave within twenty minutes, especially if you feel you've been baited and switched (although the multiplexes nearby have had signs up saying "we will not refund your money because you didn't know Hero or The Motorcycle Diaries had subtitles"), or if you were pulled out of the theater by some outside emergency - of course, in the latter case, it's usually pressing enough that you don't care about the nine bucks you're out.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"There were a lot of bad movies in 2004. I'd love to talk about them, but I was in Soul Plane, so..." - D.L. Hughley, Comedy Central's Last Laugh '04

:D

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Would all qualify as some of the worst films I've seen this year. (now, I'm waiting for Ernest Rister to argue with me on the last two, but I'll stick by my guns.. terrible)

Home on the Range was pretty lame. Great songs, though.

As for Teacher's Pet, what were you doing going to see that to begin with? Even I wouldn't pay money to see that in a thater. And Catwoman? Are you a masochist?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Envy - Who had in their posession a sex of Rachel Weisz that forced her to be involved in this film?

The Stepford Wives - So much talent involved, but such a BAD movie!

(How is it that both of these movies involve Christopher Walken?)

Moe.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Some of you might disagree on this one, but I was dragged to see "Alien vs. Predator" and if I had driven to the theater, I might have walked out. Instead, I rolled my eyes so much during the last half of the movie if you had seen me, you might have mistaked me as dead. It was just downright awful.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Teacher's Pet has a 72 rating on MetaCritic and a 76% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Most critics liked it, why are you intent on avoiding it?

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I wanted to walk out during I HEART HUCKABEES, but it was at an industry screening with the director and composer there...so that would have looked bad. So...I endured it and tried to stay awake.

True story. :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Did you like Jon Brion's score, Brian? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have the score and I love it.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

In my opinion, it was the only good thing about the movie. Interesting to note that the instrumental "score" is really just songs without their vocal tracks. On the SDTK CD, Brion just layed the vocal tracks back in. But in the movie, a lot of those songs are just the instrumental accompanyment serving as the musical score.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

LOL, my bad. I didn't remember his last name but that is funny. Makes me think of Jack Black on Cable Guy.

"Douglas, Chip Douglas" LOL

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Teacher's Pet has a 72 rating on MetaCritic and a 76% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Most critics liked it, why are you intent on avoiding it?"

Because I'm familiar with the TV show, and like the Recess movies, the Rugrats movies, and the Winnie the Pooh knockoffs, I have zero interest in seeing feature-length versions of any of them.

By the way, I have only walked out of three movies in my lifetime...my first viewing of Tarzan, and my first repeat viewings of Saving Private Ryan and Titanic.

Tarzan because I was exhausted and was falling asleep, and was therefore ruining the movie for myself. Simply went home and went back to see it later.

Saving Private Ryan because I realized I really didn't want to endure it again so soon after seeing it on opening night.

Titanic because I had just seen the A&E doc "Death of a Dream" and it was still fresh in my mind, and the whole thing suddenly struck me as deeply morbid, and I didn't care to watch and listen to all these people drown again.

There have only been a few movies I have seen that I thought were so terrible, I wanted to leave the theater, and I had to force myself to sit through all the way to the end. Nightbreed was one. Most recently, Identity.

Beau

Supporting Actor
What was the other?:)

Never walked out of a movie yet, but I wanted to walk out of The Grudge. But, the audience was atcually more entertaining than the movie, so I sayed and ended up having a good time.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I work with several clients at our networking end, and one does movie production (a major chain based here in KC, figure that one out :)

Anyway, Teacher's Pet I saw because our kids loved the TV show. The movie was absolutely offensive. I've very rarely been repulsed by a film, but the basic message of "you have to conform" at the end was a terrible message considering I had always believed the one great message of the show was "it's good to think you can do bigger things" in the end, the movie basically said "eh, you are what you are, you have certain born traits and you cannot overachieve from them" a terrible, terrible message for a kid's film.

I was dissapointed to the point of cursing at the screen, and while it had some cute moments, the underlying meaning of the film was so offensive to me that I didn't need to bother with it again.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've left two movies in my life.

I left Alien screaming -- my dad really should have known better than taking an 8 year old to see that movie. I don't think I've every watched it all the way through.

And I left half-way through Black Mask (thankfully I only paid $2 at the cheap seats theater). That movie was abysmal, and is the worst I've seen in a theater.

I loathed Ice Storm and might have left if I wasn't watching with a friend. And Attack of the Clones had me painfully bored 30 minutes in, but again I was with friends so I couldn't leave.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The one movie I walked out of because of pure badness was Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf. I don't even think I made it through the opening credits.

Others I walked out of were The Freshman and Throw Momma From the Train. I ended up liking both of these movies when I saw them on cable, but the person I went with was antsy and complaining the whole time, so we split. Strangely, we stayed for Real Men. That one was awful.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I've only walked out of two movies in my life...

"Metro", which I saw with an older friend of mine in 1997, and this year's "Starsky And Hutch".

"S&H" I saw because the commercials looked funny...I guess I fell for the old trick where they put the funniest parts of the movie in the trailer.

I only saw 2 other movies in a theater this year, and I liked them both so I stayed. They were "Monster" and "Team America: World Police".

Most movies this year I watched on the digital channels or purchased from Half.com and DeepDiscountDVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Charlize Theron deserved her Oscar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks