What's new

2004 Is A Great Year For TV Shows On DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
My number one most wanted show is a great ABC series from the early 90's called "Homefront". I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I know my mom and sister would also each want one. We loved that show, but it only aired two seasons. I have no idea who would even hold the rights to that. I found out re-runs are now airing on a satellite channel that unfortunately I don't get. :frowning:

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Well it's 2004.I can't believe it. So I had to bring this back. Let the awesome Year BEGIN!!!!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Well it's 2004.I can't believe it. So I had to bring this back. Let the awesome Year BEGIN!!!!
Agreed. By the way, are you the same Jim Beaver who's father-in-law is a comedy legend?

If so, I've read in some newsgroups that you participate in about the tough health situation your wife is facing. My prayers are with your wife and your entire family.

And this isn't the most appropriate time to mention it, but I definitely would say that Paramount needs to get smart and release your father in law's TV show from the '60s.

Steve

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if Married with Children: Season 1 sold will enough to get us future seasons?

I want up to Season 5 so I hope so... ;)

Personally, I thought that Season 3 was when the show became very good... Season 1 and 2 are good, but I enjoy season 3 and 4 more.

The last few seasons of the show are horrible IMO...

I am also another who is waiting on All in the Family Season 3. I cant believe they pushed it back to fall. Thats like a 1 and 1/2 year wait since the last season came out.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Agreed. By the way, are you the same Jim Beaver who's father-in-law is a comedy legend?
Nope I don't think so Steve. If my pops was a Comedy legend it's the first i've heard of it as you would have an easier time drilling for OIl in Mt. Rushmore then getting him to tell a joke.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Nope I don't think so Steve. If my pops was a Comedy legend it's the first i've heard of it as you would have an easier time drilling for OIl in Mt. Rushmore then getting him to tell a joke.
Sorry about that Jim. There is another Jim Beaver who is quite active in the entertainment industry and is a frequent participant in various online forums.

He is married to the daughter of Don Adams (Get Smart). She was recently diagnosed with an advanced case of cancer.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Married with Children: Season 1 sold will enough to get us future seasons?
Ryan, I'm sure you know by now that today was the official announcement for Season 2. Full details are at TVShowsOnDVD, of course...I won't bog down this thread with them. In fact, there's probably already a thread about it; I haven't checked yet. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My number one most wanted show is a great ABC series from the early 90's called "Homefront".
I didn't think anyone but my wife and I remembered this great show. Actors from this series are appearing in other shows all the time.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
My mates and me have already set up "Starsky and Hutch" night for when the DVD gets released. Lots of cold beer and a few back to back episodes of quality 70's cop action. 2004 is indeed going to be a great year for classic TV shows on DVD. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Ben_D

Agent
I've said it before, but since others brought it up first...."Homefront" is far and away number one on my wish list for DVD release. I'd do (almost) anything if the powers that be would make those two sublime seasons available on DVD.

keisur

Auditioning
Still no Magnum P.I. Am I the only person that wants this. I find it hard to believe that one of the most successfull shows of the 80's isn't out yet, but some of the other stuff is. Everyone has thier own taste, but man can't understand why some of that stuff warrants a release on DVD but Magnum doesn't.

Brandon
Brandon, you are not alone here. I too want it on DVD. I want every episode from all eight seasons bad!!!!! I am taping it from the hallmark channel right now to pick up the episodes I missed when A&E aired it a few years back. Once I do that I am thinking of making it a point to transfer all the episodes to DVD for my private collection. I sure wish Universal would get off their fat keesters on this!:angry:

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks for bringing the thread back. As I've said before 2004 is really going to rock for DVDs 2004 = the year of the DVD.

Anyway now that i've seen MacGyver for the first time since I was a kid thanks to Spike TV man do I really want this show on DVD. Bring on MacGyver or I might just have to build an official DVD of well nevermind. Where's MacGyver when you really need him?

keisur

Auditioning
Mines an unofficial one and only for myself, hehe, a little disclaimer to stay out of court.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Wow can this year get any better? Most of the stuff has been released already and there's more coming and the year has even barely started. I have a feeliong this could be the greatest year so far for Tv Shows on DVD. We got A-Team, Knight Rider, Quatum Leap, Punky Brester, Survivor Season Sets, Batman, Superman Season Sets. My Oh My Apple Pie!!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Looking forward to "The Waltons", "Who's The Boss ?", the 2nd season of the classic BBC sci-fi show "Survivors" (R2), and the spooky UK cult show "Thriller" (R1/R2) - not the Karloff one but the Brian Clemens one. :emoji_thumbsup:

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
I want to add my vote for HOMEFRONT on DVD. I am hoping against hope that someday it will actually happen.

Robin

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
2004 keeps getting etter Millennium one of my favourite shows was juat announced coming in July. It's coming sooner then I thought. Wow what a great summer for TV DVD so far.

Yah Monk! That show rules! It's so Sherlock Holmes but with funny twists! The actor (I think his name is Tony Shaloub?) is just great! I love all his phobias, especially since it seems it's his phobias that help to solve cases. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks