What's new

2004 Honda Valkyrie Rune (1 Viewer)

Chris Derby

Second Unit
they could call it the f5, guess 600rr sounds more updated and speedy. Gotta sell it to all the first time buyers that have no business on a race rep 600
I think they are actually going to sell a 600F5 and a 600RR this year. The F5 will be more "cushy" like the older F series.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Two words:
MOTO GUZZI
'nuff said.
yes and no. Some of their bikes are stunning, but would I own one? no. There are rumors of a new MV agusta, I'm excited about that as well.
anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of an old man's 999 :D
maybe I'll have to settle for the futura and the ducati ST

Shawn C

Screenwriter
It suprises me how many people see the front suspension on the Rune and just automatically dismiss it. It really don't think Honda is going to put a sub-standard suspension on this motorcycle. I'm sure it's well sorted out.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's not a matter of suspension, it's a matter of the geometry. That's a LOT of rake.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I think they are actually going to sell a 600F5 and a 600RR this year. The F5 will be more "cushy" like the older F series.
ah, that's possible. I assumed the rr was it because the f5 was expected and most of honda's lineup has already leaked out, with no word on the f5. Hell even yammie's r6 was leaked like 3 weeks ago lol

Chris Derby

Second Unit
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think it looks like more rake because of the design of the front suspension. I think that the yoke offset needs to be taken into consideration. That's also a whole lotta trail, too.
Better pic:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
eh... I dunno.
if it wasn't for the telelever knockoff front suspension... we'll see when the meausrements come out. I'm not expecting warrior handling out of it though.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
Either way, its definately not my thing. If anything I was kinda looking at a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior. Gotta love a cruiser that uses the same brakes and forks as my R1. Plus, with the tire sizes on those, you can put race rubber on them (or at least "proper" sportbike tires). Steering geometry on the Warriors is pretty aggressive, too. If it wasn't for that god-awful stock exhaust, they'd have a chance of me buying one.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
doesn't V&H make a warrior exhaust? you could pull that system, no problems.

warrior still isn't very fast, not even as quick as the vrod unfortunately.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
They do. Its more attractive than stock but not attractive enough. ;) Maybe if I saw one in person I'd feel different.
I dunno about "fast" cruisers. I feel more comfortable on sportbikes.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
oh well. it's 65 out and sunny today, think I'll go ride.
PS don't buy a big v twin for fuel economy, I'm getting 29mpg :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
watching is no fun. Besides the nearest track here is brainerd international, and I wrecked last time I ran on it lol.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
sorry david, Aprilia has it all over ducati, better prices, better reliability, less costly maintenance (yes I know duc is offering a free period with a nw bike purchase now) and equal build quality (if not better)
but maybe I'm biased :D
speaking of, FUCKING RUB'S ON HARLEYS. I was coming back on my scoot today, light changed I blasted off pretty hard, just then a whole GAGGLE of inept fucking rubs turns right into the right lane, going my direction, as I am about to overtake them the WHOLE pack moves into my lane to turn left, and of course they're too busy looking cool to ride and have to come to a complete stop before negotiating the turn. makes.me.want.to.kill

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Well you may be right about Aprilia. (I haven't ridden one...but I do like them!!!)
I guess the main point I was trying to make is that the Italians build better bikes than ANY of the Japanese.
They are definitely the "Ferraris of motorcycles"
:D ...come to think of it.....aren't Ferraris Italian, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks