What's new

2004 Golden Globes (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Nicole, honey, get a fashion consultant who isn't channeling Ruby Keeler next time. That was just an awful experience.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I bet all the entertainment reporters/commentators were disappointed that Tom Cruise didn't win for Last Samurai, just because that meant he didn't end up on stage receiving the award from Nicole. Talk about something to chatter about for days on end...

Oh, and I agree with Julian--Nicole, what the hell happened?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Penn was as great as Lewis was last year (well, almost). I thought Penn, Robbins, and Zellweger were all obvious wins and deserved (need to see the other S. Actresses though, but Renee was outstanding). From what I've seen Theron is the obvious Actress this year too.

Murray for comedy seemed reasonable though I favored Depp since Murray was sort of playing himself, but Murray was in a drama disguised as a GG comedy. :)

Okay, if ROTK wins the Best Pix it officially moves into first on my formula even if Kidman gets Best Actress. I've added all the other wins already.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Charlize, she just won for Monster. Who's the guy she's with? Is that Jared Leto? I'm behind the curve here.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That's exactly what I was thinking, Haggai.

I was kinda hoping Cate would win Best Actress just so I could look at her some more :)

In any event, I'd like to see Monster. Can't wait until it finally opens up here.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, Stuart Townsend, right, Vickie. No wonder he looked familiar-but-not-too-familiar.

And having seen her on Inside The Actor's Studio last week, I can definitely say that the woman sitting next to Charlize, the first one she hugged, was her mom.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Haggai, I think it's Stuart Townsend; they're engaged.

I still flashback to Two Days In The Valley whenever Ms. Theron is mentioned. Aye.

Edit: Jeez, I must type slow or something. You guys (and gals) are on the ball.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Damn, Charlize looked absolutely delectable. Definitely the best-looking lady of the night.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
They are engaged as far as I know.

So PJ gets up on stage and calls him out maybe? "In your face Stu!" :D

Okay, that was cheap and mean. But I sure don't buy the "we realized he was too young suddenly" story.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've said it before....I can't wait to see Lost in Translation.

Let's see if they thank Scarlett.

Edit...GOT HER! Haha.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Side note, I'm really psyched for Jim Carrey's upcoming film "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Especially with the roll that Kaufman has been on.

Little surprise in LiT getting the Best Pix win.

Hey, Scarlett gets some "thank you" love finally. :) I thought she was better than Bill personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks