What's new

2003: The Year of Super Audio? (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I just heard at Steve Hoffman's site that he has seen SACD prototypes in music executive cars!

Maybe the car unit is due out soon...

The technical implementation is no biggie with the DSD chips out now.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I read that too. That's promising. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. Let's hope so.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I can see Lexus doing something here, since they did the first high end car stereo with Mark Levinson.
That would be very sweet to have a hi-rez option for the car. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too, agree that SACD will not make it to the mass market. The average CD buyer is perfectly happy with redbook CD or the CDs they burn on their computer. Most of my friends that have purchased a DVD player have it hooked up directly to the TV so they won't be listening to CDs or SACDs.

As someone mentioned above, maybe it's not a bad idea that SACD will be an audiofile medium, assuming the labels will continue to support it.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Sony & Philips also have an SACD Event/Press Conference scheduled during the show for some record company announcements re: upcoming SACD releases.
The above is a quote from the respected Brian Moura about the CES. I think we could get some really good news soon regarding Super Audio.
Stay tuned for next week. I will check with my sources and see what may be happening.
:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I am more anxious to hear information from CES about new SACD hardware instead of new music. Not that I am content by any means with the available music on SACD, but some great titles have been coming out lately, and Universal looks to have some great stuff coming soon. I am hopeful that Sony will give us some new SACD players, preferably ones that do not play DVDs.
As for the car, that was a great call with Lexus. I'd love to see a multi-channel SACD system in Lexus cars. That would be way cool. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks