What's new

2003-2004 NCAA Hoops Starts Tonight! (1 Viewer)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Yes it's Midnight Madness time again!

My Huskies were voted pre-season # 1 before the addition of Charlie Villanueva. He was looking to go into the NBA draft right out of high school but decided to go to UCONN.

I know I'm pushing it, but us Red Sox fans need a distraction.

James L White

Supporting Actor
Hopefully it'll be a better season for my Hogs, can't gte much worse than the last few years. :frowning:

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I knew I could count on you, Ralph. UC is going to be loaded this year, both on the men's and women's side. Should be a fun ride...oh, and check out the front page of espn.com for a nice little feature on both programs.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

Thanks Dave. Being a Red Sox fan, I've been avoiding espn.com. Now I guess I have to look.

This could be a very special year for the Constitution State. (I hate nutmeg!) :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was surprised to read in today's Detroit News that Michigan'a appeal to the NCAA had been approved, and the Wolverines are now eligible for postseason play this season. The article mentioned that the appeal was granted about a month ago, but I completely missed the story.

UofM actually has a decent team, so a NCAA tourney spot in well within their grasp.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
NCAA basketball starts up again.

And you suddenly realize how annoying Dick Vitale of ESPN is. :rolleyes

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
The "trickle-down" has begun. The Big East raided Conference USA to make up for the loss of Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College. Louisville, Cincinnati and South Florida will be invited to join in all sports, DePaul and Marquette will be invited for all sports except football.

This salvages the Big East but it's horrible for college sports. Confeence USA is already looking to pull teams from other conferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks