What's new

2002 list discussion thread! (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Post all comments or reviews of your 2002 movies here. As well, post any errors, misspellings or if you have any questions about release dates, ask them here.
I did add to my "Movies seen for the first time" list.
With, The Adventures of Buckaroo Bunzai
Not a bad film with interesting characters.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Just wondering - why does "Bill_Harris" have two slots reserved in the 2002 Film List? ;)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Michael,
Jason told me, that Bill thought he should save two slots, incase we need a discussion thing. He's only sticking with one.
We now have a discussion thread in here:)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I just sent a note in the 2002 Film List for an admin to delete it.
This is a great idea and would be even further awesome if the 2002 List was stickified. :)
Jay

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
This is a great idea and would be even further awesome if the 2002 List was stickified.
What's the current status of that, anyways?
Also... Jay, I noticed you were putting participants' top 2001 films next to their names on the index of the thread. If this isn't reserved for just those who participated last year, could I have Amélie, please? :)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I don't know guys but having another separate thread is kind of repetitive when there is already an official discussion thread for most major released films as it is.

Besides, most of the comments that get posted on the 200X Films list are reviews anyway, which should go in the official review thread.

~Edwin

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Just a question,

Does Gosford Park count as 2001 or 2002, by Academy standards? I saw it this week, but I'm not sure if it was out a full week in 2001 (I bet it was).

Thanks!

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Gosford Park qualifies as a 2001 release by Academy standards as it was originally released in December.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
i guess i dont need my second slot now..thanks guys :). Just a thought..if Apocolypse Now Redux didnt count last year...how come Beauty and the Beast IMAX can count this year?. As i said...just a thought

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Personally, I would like this to stay! As I can look back at people posts about this subject. Instead of them getting erased.
I update with
Impostor
A movie that looks like it should be a Sci-Fi Channel movie of the week. Plus, I guess it didn't help this movie sitting on Disneys shelf collecting dust.
But anyway, this movie suffers from silly dialogue, bad editing(underground hospital) and lame scare moment. The directing and cinematography are really hacked up. Nothing can stay in frame.
Look for my rating in my list. RATING

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I was wondering the same thing. It will go into my ineligible pile when I see it later this month.
Jay

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
"Just a thought..if Apocolypse Now Redux didnt count last year...how come Beauty and the Beast IMAX can count this year?. As i said...just a thought
I didn't see ANR, but if I had, I would have listed it among the 2001 films, as that version was released that year. But obviously I wouldn't include it in my top 10 at the end of the year. Same thing with BATB:SE.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
For me, if anything is re-released, I count it as a movie I saw in that year, but NOT as a best/worst movie.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Just a suggestion:

In the 2001 Film List, there is an "Index" at the top of the page to jump down to a specific person's post (a great idea, by the way). But, rather than using vB URL tags (which causes a new browser window to open), try just using HTML tags so that the same window is used.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I make a complete distinction between a movie that has been simply re-released and a movie that has been revised in some fashion.
Yes, that means my criteria allows for both Apocalypse Now Redux and Beauty and the Beast: Special Edition to be "new releases" in 2001 and 2002 respectively. I got the impression we got to define our criteria for these lists (within reason) anyway.
I've been thinking about this as far back as the Star Wars: Special Edition. Sure, the box office was added to the total of the original, but since the film was changed, it's not like you would go to the movie as if it were the original version. It's a different movie. Let's say a theater in your neck of the woods was going to show Star Wars.. I know there are some of you here who would choose whether to go or not based on whether they showed an original print or a Special Edition one.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
My First true update of 2002 is....Imposter!

How long did they scrap this piece of she-ite for?.

After a half hour , all i could think about was how much better Farscape is..and why am i missing the repeat of Six Feet Under on HBO.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, as of today we have 36 active members!
Thats great. Hopefully we will see alot of imput about all these movies in 2002.
Also, don't forget. Sometime there will be a 2002 alternative thread list where we talk about the art, alternative, foreign films of 2002.
Jason should have the index finished sometime soon. Not sure if he's keeping the best film of 2001 by our names. But if he is, and you don't have one by your name. Let us know so you can have your favorite film of 2001 by your name.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Sometime there will be a 2002 alternative thread list where we talk about the art, alternative, foreign films of 2002.
That thread will be up no later than January 11th, when the season for such films start out with Brotherhood of the Wolf.
~Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks