2002 GMC Envoy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Jason, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

Thinking about buying a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD. Any owners out there?

2. Howie D

Howie D Stunt Coordinator

Brett, I picked a 2002 SLT back in March. This is my first SUV but I have to say it's one of the best vehicles I have had. Only 2000 miles so far but have no major complaints. The ride is smooth and plenty of power from it's inline 6. I only avg. about 15mpg but it's too be expected since I only have a short commute. I test drove an Explorer, 4Runner,Montero and BMW X5 as well. The X5 was the best of all but too pricey for me.

3. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Howie,

My dealer is offering $500 above invoice, which seems fair. I'm not trading anything in. Was this in line with what you paid?

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I'll be looking at the GMC Envoy/Chevy Trailblazer when the lease on my Montero is up. They are very nice. I hear that the new inline-6 is simply awesome. Is is really as smooth as they say it is?

5. Howie D

Howie D Stunt Coordinator

6. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
  7. John Giddens

John Giddens Stunt Coordinator

I have the Envoy's sibling, a Bravada and I love it. I have a little fan site up with pictures if your interested.
    http://users2.ev1.net/~giddens_john/
    Also a good source for info is at Edmunds in their Edmunds Triplet chat room
    http://townhall-talk2.edmunds.com/We...62.MNc9aEi0RiF^1@.eea2017
    Keep in mind if you venture into the Edmunds site that there are more complaints than compliments like any other internet forum, but I have had no major problems with mine. The few minor issues were taken care of by my dealer to my satisfaction. I do have one suggestion, if you can wait 4-6 weeks, order your Envoy from the factory. I did with my Bravada and I believe doing so has helped me not have any of the major issues that the earlier builds had. I would also recommend, if you can, get the Bose premium audio. On the triplet forum and in my opinion it sounds the best and it is a considerable step up in audio performance compared to the next step down in audio head units. It sports some nifty features like auto volume that's calibrated with a mike instead of just increasing the volume as speed increases like most other radios do. Also IMHO the bass is better than most other factory setups even though it doesn't have a sub woofer. I had a sub woofer in my '98 explorer limited and it didn't kick as well as the Bose system in my Bravada does. I don't recommend getting an aftermarket radio in the triplets. The Onstar and other functions in the truck use the radio head unit, and if you remove it you will loose some functions in the truck. I have a lot more information on the Triplets if you want to hear it, like the differences between the air suspension versus standard shocks and other little stuff like that which I researched before I got the Bravada. Let me know if your interested in hearing more and I'll be more than happy to type more.