2001 Alternative, Art, Foreign and Independent Films Page Part II

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Parker Clack, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I am continuing the previous thread on this after I archived it. Please continue your discussions here in this thread.

Parker

2. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Mark, remember a month ago when you asked where Donnie Darko was playing in Indy and I got right back to you...[​IMG]
    Well, sorry about that. Missed this thread in the Xmas vacation shuffle.
    Anyway it was at Castleton General Cinema where all good art films go. Anytime you are swinging by Indy I suggest you go to the General Cinema website and check the Castleton showtimes. (northside by Allisonville/465 exit)
    The only other arthouse here is on the southside - www.keycinemas.com . They were the theater to get George Washington and Series 7, so sometimes they do better than Castleton, but usually not. Also, Keystone sometimes gets Castleton's print, so if you just missed it being at Castleton you can still get lucky (Muholland Drive, Memento are 2 that did this).

3. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Hey, thanks Seth [​IMG]
    I've been told we may still be getting Donnie Darko here, so I'll just cross my fingers. Turns out I probably wouldn't have been able to make it to Indy anyways as I fell slightly ill over the holidays.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Or you could just wait two months and see it on DVD (3/12 release date).

Hope you're feeling better, Mark. The holidays are no time to be sick.

M.

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Oh, I'm better now. Just the sort of annoying congestion and general malaise one gets after running around nonstop for a month (a nonstop bus ride to Texas with the men's and women's basketball teams at Thanksgiving and a ridiculous movie screening schedule will do that--was probably home a full evening only once or twice in December). I was due.
    Now that classes have resumed, it's a matter of not catching whatever crap the college students drag into here. I highly recommend the annual flu shot as a preventative measure. [​IMG]
    Looking forward to Brotherhood of the Wolf later this week. Not necessarily anxious to see I am Sam.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

My approach to I Am Sam is a simple one: Just say no. I'm sticking to that policy even when it hits video -- until and unless someone reliable tells me that there's more to the film than the schmaltz-fest portrayed in the trailer. Based on reviews to date, I doubt it.

The new Landmark Sunshine Theater has brought back Dinner Rush, which I missed the first time around. I'm hoping to see it this weekend. Otherwise there's very little new here, since we already have so much that's only now opening nationwide. I'm trying to persuade my wife to see Italian for Beginners, but I have a sneaking suspicion I won't succeed.

M.

7. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

I am surprised to see Parker made a Part 2 thread after the first one has been archived. I didn't think there were anymore discussions left for the 2001 thread. You guys might want to direct any further discussions to the 2002 thread instead at this point as this one will eventually go away.

By the way, Donnie Darko never played near my area and I would like to see that one, as well.

~Edwin