What's new

Pre-Order 2001: A Space Odyssey (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
My vote for the worst-ever mistake in a "2001" home video release was in the very first DVD. HAL's line "Affirmative, Dave. I read you." came out as "Affirmative, Dave", followed by silence.

Last edited:

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Amazon is still telling me the set has not been released yet. The pre-order price today is more than $40.00.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Had this in my hands at Best Buy today ,but they wouldn't ring it up,saying it was recalled

Well, I'm curious about all this. I bought the standalone Blu-ray from online Walmart, when I read Amazon wasn't shipping. It didn't arrive when it was supposed to so a week ago I put in for a cancellation - as soon as I did that, they shipped it and it arrived yesterday. So, no one has a story on why Best Buy would say it was recalled, or the endless shifting of release dates?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Oh and the price on Amazon has jumped to $41.99.
Still locked in my “preorder” price of $22.99 but apparently I won’t see it till Dec 12th, 19th or whenever.

Kick myself for canceling my original pre-order, even if I did save $3.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard anything other than the Replication delay story.

Best Buy did pull their initial links and yesterday new items were put in their place with the 12/19 release date and new SKU -- 24.99 4K and 29.99 4K Steelbook and std BD for 14.99

You can see with items (no thumbnails) if you search 2001 with the price/SKU, but if you click the item it goes to a dead page so there's nothing behind it yet. The 4K items still say COMING SOON, but you can pre-order the BD

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh and the price on Amazon has jumped to $41.99.
Still locked in my “preorder” price of $22.99 but apparently I won’t see it till Dec 12th, 19th or whenever.

Kick myself for canceling my original pre-order, even if I did save $3.
That's the MSRP, it will be discounted once they get a sense of when stock will become available to ship.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing was recalled.

Sort of, maybe. Best Buy employees at least have said there stores were told to box up their copies and send them back.
Whether that was to get them out of everyone's hair or do something elss wasn't clear. BBY put the listings back up with different SKU so something is up though may not be anything more than bookkeeping and legal issues

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
So the Best buy guy who said that they were told to pack them up and send them back was a false report ? Just asking.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So the Best buy guy who said that they were told to pack them up and send them back was a false report ? Just asking.

I read it on the internet, so it must be true? Seriously though, a recall is a publicly announced pulling of stock to correct a defect or error in a release. There has been no recall announced, and quite a few of us have the disc in-hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks