What's new

Pre-Order 2001: A Space Odyssey (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
2001 Norwalk - Dullea & WillG - 1a.jpg

WillG: Here you go.
These were all taken from my seat, same row. The one posted earlier was zoomed in.
If you would like the hi-rez photos, PM me an email address.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The best I can estimate for theatrical screenings (in a variety of formats) is that I’ve seen “2001” at least 25 times in theaters. I’m sure I could be more than that but I can definitely cite the approximate date and location for at least those number of showings.

I don’t even know how to count home viewings. I wrote an honors thesis on the film during my first year of high school where I compared the film to the book and examined the differences in how the same story was told in two vastly different mediums. I watched the movie an uncountable number of times while working on that project. Outside of schoolwork, I’ve watched it at home more times than I can count. It’s one of those movies where, when I get the desire to watch it, I might end up watching it a few nights in a row.

It’s probably not stretching it to say that I’ve seen it over a hundred times in my life.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The best I can estimate for theatrical screenings (in a variety of formats) is that I’ve seen “2001” at least 25 times in theaters. I’m sure I could be more than that but I can definitely cite the approximate date and location for at least those number of showings.

I don’t even know how to count home viewings. I wrote an honors thesis on the film during my first year of high school where I compared the film to the book and examined the differences in how the same story was told in two vastly different mediums. I watched the movie an uncountable number of times while working on that project. Outside of schoolwork, I’ve watched it at home more times than I can count. It’s one of those movies where, when I get the desire to watch it, I might end up watching it a few nights in a row.

It’s probably not stretching it to say that I’ve seen it over a hundred times in my life.
You can stop at 2001 if you want ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this release crept up fast!

I just took a look at the purchase options. I see the 4K UHD Blu Ray only comes with a digital copy. Doesn’t include the standard blu ray. I see the blu ray is available too. Might have to buy both unless I missed another option.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher

I just took a look at the purchase options. I see the 4K UHD Blu Ray only comes with a digital copy. Doesn’t include the standard blu ray. I see the blu ray is available too. Might have to buy both unless I missed another option.

The one I ordered appears to include a regular blu-ray.

2001UHD.JPG

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So... one week before the new disc is released and I have not seen even one review.... has anyone seen anything?

None yet. The Aussie poster who got the disc early is the closest we have.. Even for Warner this seems unusual

I haven't seen any US release without a BD included -- where is your order from. I'm not quite sure it's a new BD rather than just a repack -- it may be but I'm so mixed up on Monsters, Doctor Who, 2001, etc everything is getting mushed together

Interesting that the 4K Steelbook is not only not for sale any of the usual suspects, but several have had their order cancelled at Amazona dn Amazon UK. Zavvi sold out as expected. JBHiFi Australia appears to be open for orders and a little cheaper than most other stores. BuyBuy may come back for order once release day comes up.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys, for some reason, I did not see the plus symbol and read it as 4K Ultra HD blu ray. That’s great!

Amazon’s price is $22.48, which seemed low for a set that includes both the UHD and BD. So that was another sign to me it was only the 4K UHD.

Thanks again for clearing that up! I just didn’t see it. :)

Having another look, I see there is the Steelbook at Best Buy. I might even go for that version even though I’m not a Steelbook collector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks