What's new

$200 for DVD player (1 Viewer)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
I recently was asked what DVD player to get for ~$200. I have no idea. I suppose they're all pretty good.
Any standouts in that price range you folks would recommend?
No special needs (such as progressive scan) that I'm aware of.
------------------
--RR

Vin

Supporting Actor
Being the happy owner of a Panasonic A120 for the last two years, I would seriously consider the Panasonic RV31 at that price point if I were in the market today for a new player.
------------------

steve_jk

Agent
Pioneer DV33 is also an excellent choice in the $200 price range. I think they have been replacee by the DV34 model but it should still be around $200

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Pioneer DV-C503. All the "normal" features of a Pioneer, plus 5 disc capacity as well.
Shop around and you should be able to snag one for less than $200.

Jin E

Second Unit
The Pioneer DV440 looks pretty sweet. It just came out so there is not much feedback on this unit yet. Maybe you can get one, post a review so that KeithH and WillP will stop bumping that thread
wink.gif

------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
JVCs can found for $179 while their progressive scan DVD player can be found for as low as $229 (SEARS, Circuit City). If one is into watching VCDs burned on CD-Rs (known as XVCDs), I would not recommend the Panasonic because this is not an area that is performs well in (otherwise, it's a decent player). Sanyos can found at Wal-Mart for $139 which is a solid player with excellent DVD playback performance. Another player to consider is the Apex AD-500W for $98(you can change the drive out with a PC DVDROM if the drive ever goes bad which is an awesome feature sorely missing in all the other DVD players); I know because I have tested one with a cheap IDE Hi-Val drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks