Second Unit
I saw this deal on Office Max's website:
http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...kOID=536967539
200 700MB CD-R
Regular price - $59.99
Instant rebate - $20.00
Mail in rebate - $35.00
Net cost - $4.99
I've been using these for a while now with excellent performance. They're the closest thing to pure silver discs I've seen in retail stores. They have a very, very, faint green tint to them on the data side, while the other surface is plain silver (no writing). They come boxed in bundles of 50 discs, without spindles or cases.
-Gary

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Drove over to the local Office Max, did not see the above mentioned offer in store, HOWEVER, they have 650MB 16x CDRs for $30 per 100 pieces, with a $30 rebate. Yes, it's free after rebate.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Steve,

The 200 blank offer is a weird deal at Office Max. I went to a local store and the manager told me she knew nothing about it. So I ordered them on-line, along with a package of CD labels.
Blank discs = $39.99
Labels $14.99
Office Max delived them from a local area store to my house the next day. Since the order was greater than $50.00, shipping was free.

The 100 blank CDs are Hi-Val brand which are good but have their name branded on the top surface. I prefer unbranded plain silver discs. Either deal is a winner.

-Gary

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
The 200 count thing for some reason is not known by the OfficeMax retail outlets. They do have a $35 mail in rebate for it but no $20 instant rebate.
I also checked with OfficeMax.com but they said they do not have "pickup at retail" setup yet, but your buying something else to get free shipping is a good idea, I may do that too.
After some consideration, I picked up a spindle of 100 CDRs last night, after all, can't go wrong when it's free;) (well, it's $2.45 tax plus postage to mail in the rebate).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked them up Sunday at my local Office Max. It is a national ad as far as I know. The ones I got are Value Disc brand, as shown in the ad. They also have no printing on the back, just silver. I have run my standard torture test on them, and they seem to work perfectly well.

I also got a 50 pack spindle of CD/RW, which also have silver backs. They were supposed to be $20 plus a $10 rebate, but I was only charged $10 and still get the $10 rebate. All told, I will get 200 CDRs and 50 CD/RWs for $8.00 and change. Not bad.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, did not see the CDRW deal, and I was looking too, got to go back and do it again ;) .

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have the flyer, or they usually have them at the store, it is at the top of page 9 along with a bunch of other $9.99 stuff, including a Neato CD labeler.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got that as well, then I checked it again a few days later and it had changed to "Invalid" because I had supposedly submitted mor ethan one rebate for that item.

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
I just went through an email battle with their rebate hq about this rebate. They were saying my email was invalid because the store i purchased from was not participating in the event. After many emails of me telling them i didn't purchase it from a location i bought it online they started using an excuse of an invalid receipt. I was getting angry and after a couple more emails they finally gave up the $35 rebate. I've never had to go through so much trouble to get a rebate before....this is the last time i use one of these deals from Office Max.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Steve, like I said earlier, you're not the first. I bought the 200 pack CD/R and the 50 pack CD/RW. They are refusing the CD/RW because they claim I submitted more than one rebate. Well, they processed the two rebates separately, even though it is an AND/OR thing, as in you can get a rebate on both of them, just not more than one of one item.

And Office Max does seem to be worse with this than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks