200 CD-Rs $4.99 @ Office Max

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_E, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

I saw this deal on Office Max's website:
    http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...kOID=536967539
    200 700MB CD-R
    Regular price - $59.99
    Instant rebate - $20.00
    Mail in rebate - $35.00
    Net cost - $4.99
    I've been using these for a while now with excellent performance. They're the closest thing to pure silver discs I've seen in retail stores. They have a very, very, faint green tint to them on the data side, while the other surface is plain silver (no writing). They come boxed in bundles of 50 discs, without spindles or cases.
    -Gary

2. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Drove over to the local Office Max, did not see the above mentioned offer in store, HOWEVER, they have 650MB 16x CDRs for $30 per 100 pieces, with a $30 rebate. Yes, it's free after rebate.

3. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Steve,

The 200 blank offer is a weird deal at Office Max. I went to a local store and the manager told me she knew nothing about it. So I ordered them on-line, along with a package of CD labels.
    Blank discs = $39.99
    Labels $14.99
    Office Max delived them from a local area store to my house the next day. Since the order was greater than $50.00, shipping was free.

The 100 blank CDs are Hi-Val brand which are good but have their name branded on the top surface. I prefer unbranded plain silver discs. Either deal is a winner.

-Gary

4. Steve_Ch

The 200 count thing for some reason is not known by the OfficeMax retail outlets. They do have a $35 mail in rebate for it but no $20 instant rebate.
    I also checked with OfficeMax.com but they said they do not have "pickup at retail" setup yet, but your buying something else to get free shipping is a good idea, I may do that too.
    After some consideration, I picked up a spindle of 100 CDRs last night, after all, can't go wrong when it's free[​IMG] (well, it's $2.45 tax plus postage to mail in the rebate).

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I picked them up Sunday at my local Office Max. It is a national ad as far as I know. The ones I got are Value Disc brand, as shown in the ad. They also have no printing on the back, just silver. I have run my standard torture test on them, and they seem to work perfectly well.

I also got a 50 pack spindle of CD/RW, which also have silver backs. They were supposed to be $20 plus a $10 rebate, but I was only charged $10 and still get the $10 rebate. All told, I will get 200 CDRs and 50 CD/RWs for $8.00 and change. Not bad.

6. Steve_Ch

Hmmm, did not see the CDRW deal, and I was looking too, got to go back and do it again [​IMG] .

7. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    If you have the flyer, or they usually have them at the store, it is at the top of page 9 along with a bunch of other $9.99 stuff, including a Neato CD labeler.

8. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Can't get to the URL anymore...

9. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

URL worked the second time i tried it, butno instant rebate for me [​IMG]

10. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I am having problems with the rebate, and it's not the first time. I suggest people look at This Thread.

11. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

John,
    I received this notice from Office Max:
    http://www.rebateshq.com/weblogic/re...umber=22997096
    I have not as of yet received the actual rebate money but it appears as if the process is well underway. If the process does not come to fruition, I will post that result.
    -Gary

12. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I got that as well, then I checked it again a few days later and it had changed to "Invalid" because I had supposedly submitted mor ethan one rebate for that item.

13. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

I just went through an email battle with their rebate hq about this rebate. They were saying my email was invalid because the store i purchased from was not participating in the event. After many emails of me telling them i didn't purchase it from a location i bought it online they started using an excuse of an invalid receipt. I was getting angry and after a couple more emails they finally gave up the $35 rebate. I've never had to go through so much trouble to get a rebate before....this is the last time i use one of these deals from Office Max.

14. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Steve, like I said earlier, you're not the first. I bought the 200 pack CD/R and the 50 pack CD/RW. They are refusing the CD/RW because they claim I submitted more than one rebate. Well, they processed the two rebates separately, even though it is an AND/OR thing, as in you can get a rebate on both of them, just not more than one of one item.

And Office Max does seem to be worse with this than others.