What's new

200 bucks game...will you get it? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
You know what. The head designer of this game was on Tech TV's the screensavers a few weeks back and demonstrated the controller and game. It really looks awesome. The controller is more then a normal controller. To start up the Mech you have to go through a entire startup sequence and to press the eject button you have to flip up the plastic safety guard and a bunch of other stuff. I didnt have xbox then so i didnt think much of it. Now that i have xbox i may pick this up during the holiday

capt

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
$200 bucks . . .
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
! That better be one hell of a game.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
The way I look at it is this -
I love mechs. If you have any love of mechs, or mech games, than you owe it to yourself to try it out.
If you don't like it, than sell it!
You'll get your money back, & probably a fair amount more, considering how limited this is going to be.
With Capcom coming out with an online capable sequel, this is it for me:emoji_thumbsup:
Also, IMHO, the PS2 couldn't handle this game...so PS2 owners are going to be out of luck.
Final thought - this isn't for everyone...might not be good for you.
But - you don't have to poke fun at the people who do think this is a worthwile game to get.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I know a guy who spent $500+ importing this(Tekki) and a japanese Xbox....now thats crazy! But he LOVES Mechs so he felt it was all worth it.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I can't fault people who have the means to spend $200 on a single game.

I know people who did that for years with their Neo Geo setups.

I'd love to try the game at some point to see how good it really is, but $200 is a lot to spend on a game sight unseen.

Glen

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that my local guy will have a rental copy, since it's something that I want to try for sure, but don't think I'd enjoy enough to purchase. Just not my thing really (never really got into the mechwarrior games etc).

That, and I really can't afford $200 for one game (more here in Canada). I have a long enough list of games that I still have to buy between now and the end of the year...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Mainstream audiences are not who this was designed for. They'll hate it
ahh, so you're an elitist. :)
Is the gaming press really that segmented? I don't think so. It's not like the film industry yet. Gamers are either geeks or casual gamers. By "mainstream" I didn't mean the casual gamers who write reviews for Time, Rolling Stone, local newspapers, or Entertainment Weekly.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I suppose you think anybody who owns their own arcade game(s) are idiots?
Gonna have to give you a :rolleyes:for that one. Did I say anybody who buys this is an idiot? No. I just said it's a waste of money. I guess I should have included a "for me" at the end of the sentence.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else having trouble reddeming the coupon? It keeps kicking me back saying I need to purchase over $100 in a qualifying store, but the coupon says ALL stores

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
ahh, so you're an elitist.
C'mon Camp, you're a retailer - how many sales of Steel Battalion are you expecting from 'walk in' customers? This is squarely aimed at the hardcore enthusiast willing to spend $200 odd on one game.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
According to some people who work at EB, it's going to be a pre or special order only item in GameStop and EB

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
it's going to be a pre or special order only item in GameStop and EB
That is correct. EB is ordering according to the amount of preorders they get. You will more than likely not be able to just walk in and get one according to my various friends in EB.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I could justify spending $200 on a game if I was really looking forward to it but since I've never played anything like this I'll probably pass. The closest I'll come to spending $200 for one game is coming up though, $150 for a Gamecube + $50 for Metroid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks