What's new

200 bucks game...will you get it? (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously considering it.

If it were playable online, I'd order it in a sec.

Maybe I should sell my Virtual On twinsticks and raise 50 bucks or so to help offset the price.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Not a chance. Total waste of money if you ask me. Sure the controller is cool, but you can only use it with one frickin game and maybe a few sequels. Why not spend the money on another console or a video card/processor upgrade?

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
$150 for a controller isn't that bad, some people love expensive controllers. Weren't the original Maracas for DC around $90?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Like Travis above, its already preordered and paid for. Very much looking forward to getting SB home and taking it for a test drive:).

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Not a chance. Total waste of money if you ask me. Sure the controller is cool, but you can only use it with one frickin game and maybe a few sequels. Why not spend the money on another console or a video card/processor upgrade?
I suppose you think anybody who owns their own arcade game(s) are idiots?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Not a chance. Total waste of money if you ask me. Sure the controller is cool, but you can only use it with one frickin game
Actually, Capcom has made the drivers available to anyone who wants to support the sticks, so I fully expect future titles to support them
And I look at this as buying an arcade game, just a tad more portable. :)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I will not be picking this up. It's just plain to expensive for me right now. The reality is that I'm not much into mech games anyway...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I will probably end up buying this (though I had only heard that the sequel, not expansion, will have full XBL online gameplay), but not at launch date. I'll read a lot of the final reviews

Besides, I really hope I'll be playing a lot of (arcade-ish, I know) Mech Assault online for a few months and that may take up most of my gaming time.

Frederick

Second Unit
I wish I could. Maybe I could convince someone to pick it up for me as a Christmas present ;) ...
Is it really going to be XBox Live compatible? Anything to back that rumor up? That would be awesome ...
Freddy C.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Camp, you need to dig up some of the old threads. the reviews ARE awesome
The 4 or 5 reviews I've read (not here) all indicated it was a solid game...but definitely not "awesome". I'm still waiting for more 'mainstream' reviews though.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I've heard its very realistic and you have a lot of control and it looks great, but I haven't heard anyone comment on whether its fun or not.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I've heard its very realistic and you have a lot of control and it looks great, but I haven't heard anyone comment on whether its fun or not.
LOL, how could a game that involves huge Mech robots controlled by people inside them be realistic? ;) I get your point though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks