What's new

20" widescreen (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
anyone know of any manufacturers that make ones that small?

the smallest widescreen tv i have ever seen was a 34"

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There is a plethora of LCD-based wide- and flatscreen panels being released onto the market at sizes of 20 inches and smaller (and larger). Thing is, they strike me as ultra-expensive toys (they sell for several thousands of dollars) not worthy of playing the lead role in a home theater (blacks are still dark grays on those things); you could spend far, far less money on much, much more (a good widescreen RPTV, for example).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I believe the smallest CRT widescreen TV is the 30" Samsung for ~1200...but I agree with Jack.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Hmmm ok i guess my friend must be confused cause he said he only paid 300 or so (and no i never left off a zero) thats canadian funds too. i think he sait it was a magnasonic but i could be wrong on that.

of course it could also be that he was bamboozled by the sales man who just told him the tv was wider than it was high (which is true of all tv's)

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I'd like to have a widescreen set in my bedroom. 30" is pretty good. Right now, I watch VHS tapes I recorded off my DVDs on a 19" 4x3 set. In the pitch dark, I have no problem watching widescreen movies on that TV.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, unless you live in Europe, Australia, or Asia, there is no way you can get smaller sized widescreen TV. The smallest widescreen TV (direct view) is 14". I used to own one made by Sony. It's multi system and multi voltage are bonus too.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
You managed to bypass the Macrovision?
I use my computer as my DVD player and the TV OUT program called TV TOOL has a macrovision blocker. So, yeah. I can do that. I have to have the macrovision blocker turned on anyway because I run the computer in through the VCR. My TV has no RCA or S Video inputs on it. So, I use the VCR as an RF modulator. Yeah, I can record MY dvds to VHS with no problem. Before I had TV TOOL, I rented Galaxy Quest and it had the macrovision crap on it. I was MAD. I hadda suffer the Pan and Scan version on VHS. Then I discovered TV TOOL, which is a lot better than Nvidia's nVIEW program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks