What's new

20" TV that can do the squeeze trick? (1 Viewer)

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
I am seeking a 20-24" TV that can do the 16:9 squeeze trick.
Anyone know of a model? You would think for as long as 16:9 DVD's have been out it would be more commonplace by now.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Toshiba Flat Tube 20" Model 20AF43 & the Toshiba Flat Tube 24" Model 24AF43 will do it. Check Toshiba's website for the specs. Looks like Toshiba went from not having it when everyone else did to putting it in even the smaller size Flat Tube sets :D

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd add that both sets have:

1 Rear Component Video Inputs
1 Rear S-Video Input
2 Rear Composite Video Inputs
2 Rear Audio Inputs
1 Rear Audio Output (Fixed)
1 Rear Composite Video Output (Most sets don't have one)

The $1,000 Sony 36" FS100 doesn't even have a "Video Output"

I should also have added that a friend of mine saw the 24" model & he said the picture was excellent & the "Steady Sound" Circuit, 16:9 Mode & the Jack's were the deciding factor for him so he is planning on buying it for his daughter's room for Xmas.

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
I got the 20" samsung flat screen, black box (can't remember the serial), it's got components and does the 16x9 squeeze, and i love it to death. I got mine at a specialty store and it was the display model for around $260 or so... well worth it, dvd's look bomb! Brice

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if the "new" model Samsung's can do it because it's not listed in their specs. on their website for the 20" & 24" models only on 27" & up models but you might be able to get into Samsung's Service Menu & turn it on?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks