20" Lcd Tv?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by _Jay_, Dec 25, 2003.

1. _Jay_

_Jay_ Agent

so i want to replace my 19" POS tv in my bed room.. i would really like to get at least a 20" LCD flat tv.. now i don't want to spend a lot of money.. it doesn't have to have all the super cool features on it at all.. i just want to save some space on my new desk by not having a huge 19" tubed tv on it...

a couple other questions too.. can i hook my computer up to a LCD TV? (if not no biggie i already have a nice monitor) the reason why i don't need all the cool features is that i just watch this tv when i'm working on my computer or in bed...

the only thing that i would like to have is a pretty good picture.. but it doesn't have be HDTV or anything.. just a regular flat screen tv that i can watch and save some space..

thanks for any suggestions!

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

It depends on your budget. Some LCD TV's do have VGA and DVI inputs, others only have the standard TV ones (component, s-video, composite, and RF for cable or antenna).

3. _Jay_

_Jay_ Agent

well i want to spend sub $1000 including shipping and tax.. so yeah i don't know if that is possible or not for what i want...

4. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

With that kind of budget, you can go 2 ways:

1. Sharp Aquos LC20B4US 20" LCD TV with built in TV tuner and speakers. 640x480 resolution, 500:1 contrast, 430 nits brightness, 170/170 degree viewing angles, component, s-video, composite, RF inputs. About $700-800.

[​IMG]

2. 20" Computer LCD monitor. 1600x1200 resolution. 400:1 contrast, 250 nits brightness, 176/176 degree viewing angles, DVI, VGA, s-video, composite inputs. About $750-1000.

[​IMG]

5. _Jay_

_Jay_ Agent

thanks for the input... in doing my research i came across the sharp... that looks like the one i'm going to try and find the cheapest price for.. when i did some searching the big retailers are about $989 for it but online i found it for about $775..

thanks!

6. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Home Theater Forum (yep, right here) had the B4US (the latest model), for $699.84 plus shipping after rebate just a few days ago. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll see if that price is still available for you.

7. _Jay_

_Jay_ Agent

Is that $699.84 for a referb one or brand new? and heck yeah i'm interested! [​IMG]

thanks!

8. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Brand new. Email me and I'll get you exact info.

email me