What's new

20-39PC+ Setup (1 Viewer)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I have the Pioneer 811S amp that has 100 or 150 x-over settings. The PC+ has 40-120hz selection and enable/disable x-over.

What is "Disable" on the sub x-over for?

Also, if I enable it, what settings on the reciever and sub x-overs would be best?

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Most ppl would disable the sub x-over to use the x-over on receiver instead. Try 80hz (don't know if your receiver can set diff x-overs) at a starting point for x-over, the point is to achieve the flatest curve as possible or whichever it sounds good to you.

Chris Huber

Second Unit
My reciever only has a 100 or 150 hz setting. So, seeing as the SVS has a range of 40-120hz, which setting should I use?

100hz, so there is no gap? I don't think I am getting it...

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I would set it @ 100, then use the on board sub X-over and set it somewhere near 60-80hz.
Depending on your mains, 100Hz will be too high. I know, I use to have the 811 myself.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Try it around 60hz on the sub and see how it sounds.

If it is within your means, I highly suggest stepping up to a 1014 or 1015. WORLDS of difference between them and the 811.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
811 is decent receiver, but the 101x series is def a step up. Amplifier as well as processing wise. I really like the MCCAC (auto calibration system as well).

1014 is a much better receiver.

811 is decent, but if you have something as nice as an SVS, then the 101x is more in that class.

Oh yeah, has many more options for xOVER SETTINGS at least down to 50z or so)

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
If you set the crossover on the Pioneer to 100 and set the crossover on the SVS to 60, you will loose all the frequencies between 60-100 Hz.

I would try setting all speakers to small, set the Pioneer crossover to 100 Hz and disable the crossover on the SVS.

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator

You are correct, crossovers aren’t brick walls. Roll off is often revered to as Slope, expressed in terms such as “12dB/Octave”

What I should have said is “You will have significant frequency loss between 60-100 Hz”

Your mains are rated for 35 Hz (-3dB). Ideally you would set you receiver’s crossover one octave higher. Seeing how your Pioneer’s crossover only goes down to 100 Hz, setting the subwoofer’s crossover to 60 Hz will not compensate, it will in fact create a hole.

However If I mapped the frequency response of my system and I found that I had a huge peak at 80 Hz and I didn’t have a parametric equalizer, then I might try the cascading crossover technique. Otherwise I would just leave the subs crossover disabled.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
I would set all speakers small, xo to 100Hz on the receiver and to 80Hz on the PC+. Now there is only a little dip, but your subwoofer isn't (that) locatable. Plotting your FR would help a lot!

Chris Huber

Second Unit
So, If I play the avia speaker bass wave: The bass starts in the Front speaker and goes down to the subwoofer... During this bass wave, the SPL meter should read the same presssure, correct? If it's higher in a certain frequency, that is a bass peak, correct? How are those corrected?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks