20-39cs: 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick Radford, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

Man, I'm ruined. Ruined, I tell you.
    Today I had the chance to hear what a 2nd 20-39cs sounded like in my HT. Unbeeeelievable. [​IMG] I didn't think it could get much better, but I was wrong.
    I'm gonna have to figure out a 2 fold plan:
    1) come up with the $$ for a 2nd SVS
    2) come up with a really clever plan to help it pass the WAF.
    You guys with dual SVS's are truly doubly blessed. [​IMG]

2. Conrad_S

Conrad_S Stunt Coordinator

I'll have to agree with you, knowing first-hand how your setup sounded with the dualies. [​IMG]

3. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

Hmmmm. I ordered a single 20-39cs. Hopefully be here by next weekend. It's really that much better? I don't think I'll be getting a 2nd in the near future, but in the not-so-distant future... we'll see.

4. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

Man...how do you guys get away with such a tall sub in the house? My wife would kill me, I'm upgrading my main fronts right now from RF3s to RF7s as well as the RC7 center.

The RF3s stand as tall as the 20-39s and I'd never get away with having that in the corner!

Right now I have a KSW12" in the corner and JUST traded for a Yamaha 160 sub that I'll try to hide behind the RF7s when they come in on the other side of the room...and I'm not sure how those two subs will play with the rest of the set up either! but I'll give it a try, worse case, I'll sell the two and try and convince the wife that we just have to have the SVS...

G2

5. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

My wife thought it was too big at first too, but she likes it now. Everyone comes over and can not believe the bass. Her dad could not stop smiling. I think it has grown on her. As a matter of fact it has grown so much that she let me get two CS+. They will be here Tuesday!!!!!!!!

6. Rick Radford

7. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Rick,
    If you like the sound of twin CS subs, why not sell the CS and buy a CS+? [​IMG]
    But seriously, the determining factor IMO of whether or not you need more than one is if you can comfortably hit reference levels in your particular HT room.
    In my particular HT room, one CS Ultra is not enough to hit reference levels, but it's a big room.
    --Steve

8. Rick Radford

9. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I cant wait for mine to get here. I had one CS and sold it to get 2 CS+. I have never heard two before. From what I understand 2 CS+ is almost like having 4 CS. Can you imagine that!!!!!!! Before I found someone to buy my cs/s700, Tom told me if I added a CS+ it would be like having 3 CS in the room. How will I ever get to Tuesday? I need to go into suspended animation.