What's new

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to be Vault Disney DVD! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Patrick,

Great News! Also, excellent tribute to Lon Chaney, one of the greatest actors in your signature.

Crawdaddy

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Please, please, please let it be anamorphic OAR.

If so, put me down for an immediate purchase.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Geez, how can Disney do dvd so damned right, and at the same time take other titles and do it so damned wrong?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
All are said to be anamorphic. From Dvdangle:

"Old Yeller (anamorphic 1.75:1 with a new DD 5.1 audio track): ...

Pollyanna (anamorphic 1.75:1 with a new DD 5.1 audio track): ...

Swiss Family Robinson (anamorphic 2.35:1 with a new DD 5.1 audio track): ...

The Parent Trap (anamorphic 1.78:1 with a new DD 5.1 audio track): ..."

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
sorry for my ignorance but what are "Vault" DVDs? I've never heard of those
2-disc sets for classic live-action Disney films. The first wave is coming out May 7th with four releases - Pollyanna, Parent Trap, Swiss Family Robinson, and Old Yeller. OAR, commentaries, documentaries....the works.

Should be great.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Yes! Finally! I've waited a long time for this one!
I'll be buying it on the release date for sure, just like Swiss Family Robbinson and The Parent Trap. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
'Vault' Disney! Hahahah nice one, erm yeah 20,000 Leagues yes I want this 'Vault' Disney release, hehehe, classic movie, I actually saw this at the cinema would you believe, no I'm not that old, it was rereleased in the cinemas in the 70's, this was after Jaws came out, and the poster was redesigned to highlight sharks attacking our heroes, I kid you not!
'Vault Disney', hoohoohoo (ok thats enough of that).:)

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for this one!! Hope they include the Walt Disney Presents features on it. I have 2 of them taped that show many of the behind the scenes clips, one in color, one in black and white. Just hope it's anamorphic widescreen!!! "You call that murder?" Heheheh!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have a few concerns with Swiss Family Robinson. It is well known among LD enthusiasts that the LD Archive release was overmatted. So, here's hoping they don't do it again.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Maybe they'll release a pan&scan version and call it 2,000 leagues under the sea ;). This is fantastic news, hopefully it'll come to pass (in god's good time). Been anxiously awaiting this title as soon as I got a DVD player. However, no OAR=no sale ;). Cheers.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Disney seems to be treating their Vault titles with the respect they deserve. I wouldn't worry too much about OAR.
I wonder when we'll be getting Tresure Island... hope it's a candidate for Vault treatment.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh - the journeys of the Nautilus will be mine at last!

"I am not what is called a civilized man, Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me. Therefore, I do not obey its laws." - James Mason as Captain Nemo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks