2 SVS Drivers - Where do I start my sonosub ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Drugan, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Bob Drugan

Bob Drugan Agent

I just updated my SVS CS2039 so I have the old driver plus I purchased my buddies old 12" driver when he upgraded his SVS CS2039.

I am not even sure where to start but I thought it would be fun to try to build a sonosub with the 2 12" SVS drivers in it.

It will go in a room thats 18' wide x 21' deep and 10' high.

Any help is greatly appreciated

TIA,
    Bob

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    You need to head on over to Pat Sun's Sonotube pages. You'll learn a lot real quick there. Tons of pics to help too. What I would recommend is use the same volume as the svs you want to duplicate, double it and the ports, use a driver on each end and there you go.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You could copy my Sunosub I (look in my signature), the overall dimension should be good for 2 SVS drivers as well.

4. Bob Drugan

Bob Drugan Agent

Jeff & Pat,

Thanks for both your reply's

If I want to get the sub tuned to 20 hz is there anything I should do different than Pat"s sonosub 1 ? Do the differences in the drivers - SVS vs Shiva cause any changes in how the sub will be built?

I know I'll have plenty of questions as I get into this but thanks for the help

Bob

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I can't see too many changes need to be made. The tuning is mainly a function of the enclosure volume, not the drivers, per se. The trick is to find the right volume for the drivers, and then tune from the enclosure volume. The SVS drivers are pretty close match with the Shiva's in terms of volume required.