What's new

2 subwoofers (1 Viewer)

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently using an HSU STF2. I also have an older sub lying around, and was wondering if I can use two sub's together, especially if one of them is a lesser quality and doesnt go as deep as the HSU? Is it possible to get better performance from 2 subs, even if they are different? And how would I hook them up?
Thanks in advance.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Sure, you can do it. But honestly, depending on how poor the quality is, it may not be worth it. If all you care about is SPL, then sure, go for it. But most cheaper subs will definitely take away from the accuracy and un-distorted-ness of the Hsu.

Also, do you plan to put them in the same location, or in different locations? If you plan for different locations you may have to spend lots of time calibrating to take care of cancellation issues.

Nick Bum

Stunt Coordinator
Why exactley do you need two subs? Are you doing a 10.2 setup? Tell me why two subs and tell me benefits.

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
personally i dont need two, i just had some extra money as i was upgrading my rear speakers and figured its worth a try, if it didnt sound ok i was just going to give it to my brother or something, no harm done,i decided to keep them both

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Two subs will give you more SPL at certain frequencies, but no more extension than the lowest of the two. Since you already have them both, it won't cost you much to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks