What's new

2 speakers - 1 channel (1 Viewer)

ChrisT

Auditioning
Ok, just a quick question: I have a Kenwood VR-806 with a 6.1 setup. My room isn't ideal for a 7.1 setup, however it could benefit with 2 rear center speakers instead of one. I'm just wondering if two speakers powered by one channel is a "no-no". I don't want any channel blow-outs. The speakers are pretty small (25 watts each). Thanks.

SteveAZ

Auditioning
What ohm are the speakers? Most likely you won't be able to bridge them, but you may be able to run them safely in parallel.

Is your receiver setup for 7.1? If your reciever is only 6.1 you probably won't gain much by adding a second rear speaker. There is no decoding provided to the 7th speaker discretely or matrixed.

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
Shouldn't be a problem, but check the impedence of the speakers. If they are 4 ohm and you wire them in parallel you would have a 2 ohm load which most receivers won't handle. Chances are they are 8 ohm though, so you could run either 4 or 16 ohm.
I don't know what kind of output this will give from the speakers though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks