What's new

2 s-video in to S-video out? Possible? (1 Viewer)

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
Is this possible and is there any product out there that does this! I'm stuck in the situation of having two s-video out and one s-video in?

Any opinions or suggestions welcomed!

Jason

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Most modern AV receivers offer "Video Switching" feature. You basically run both audio and video to your receiver, then 1 SVideo cable from the "Monitor" output of the receiver to the TV.

When you hit "DVD" on the receiver remote, the video to the TV switches to the signal coming into the "DVD" input. When you hit "TV/DSS", the video switches as well.

LewB

Screenwriter

Not sure I understand what you are saying here ?
I'm guessing that your situation is:
A receiver that does no video tasks at all, you have 2 devices that output S-video (like a DVD player and a PS2 for example). Your TV only has 1 S-video input. You want something that will allow you to feed the s-video signal from the 2 devices to the 1 input on the TV. Is that the case ?
If so, you are looking for something like one of those coax switches that would let you switch from 2 coax output devices (like your cable TV box and a coax VCR let's say). The device in the link I gave you will do the S-video switching, It accepts audio inputs too since most s-video devices also output audio (but you want to use your receiver). I don't know if I've seen anything that just does the s-video switching like you are asking about. Or am I confused ? :confused:

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
You got the majority of it! See I have a Satellite and a DVD player both with Svideo! I want both to have a quality connection of S-video.

My Receiver has no s-video connectors at all but does do the video switching. As of now I have the dvd player connected in the S-video on my tv!

Basically a signal combiner but for s-video! Signal combiner is like you have an antenna and cable and you put them together using an adapter which puts it in one cable!

The product you linked to would work but you would have to push one of the buttons to switch to your source.

Thank you for the help though LewB.

HtPB

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I believe this may be what you are looking for.

If not,
this is what I am using since my receiver has no s-video inputs (its a few years old). It can be found much cheaper than its list at various places (I found this one at WalMart).

--Tom

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm stuck in the situation of having two s-video out and one s-video in?
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a new DVD player and only have one S-video input. I also have an X-Box. My receiver does video switching, however, I cannot assign the optical inputs to other devices. I have two, one for CD and another for DVD. Obviously the CD input doesn't also have video so I can't use my receiver to switch the X-Box and DVD player.

I was told elsewhere in this forum to try Radio Shack. So, if the previous suggestions aren't good enough for you, try there. I might pick up one of those Wal-Mart things. I am afraid of signal loss though. I hate Wal-Mart stuff.

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
LewB, Thank you Thank you thats exactly it! Man I knew I wasn't crazy. Somebody had to have one of those!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks