2 recievers for 2 sources

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ZachW, Nov 15, 2002.

1. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

Oct 4, 2002
    I'm planning on doing 2 receivers for two sources, one HT and one Music for outside. For the HT I will get:

Receiver-Yamaha RX-V1300
    Mains-JBL N28's
    Surrounds-3 JBL N24's
    Center-JBL N-center
    Sub-SVS 20-39PCi

I also want to have a pair of speakers outside for music only, so I'm planning on doing a pair of N26 AW with a cheap Sony 100w x2 receiver and hooking up a CD player to the Sony. I wan't the easiest most functional setup, so I'm planning to put each setup on a receiver. Would this idea work good? Would I be able to hook up the tv to both receivers and the satellite tuner thing to both? I want to do this so I can listen to my music channels outside also. So when I'm playing music outside on the TV, I can just turn down the volume on the HT setup, and when I'm watching movies I'll just turn off the music setup. Would all this stuff work? Thanks
  2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Nov 1, 2000
    J&R currently has the factory-refurbished Onkyo TX-8211 (50 watts/channel) for only $99.95. For an inexpensive receiver, this one is an excellent piece. Of course, it can not compete with more costly pieces like NAD's or Cambridge Audio's. Comes with 1 year Onkyo warranty as well.