2 questions on Paradigm and bi-wire/amping

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron_L, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

after looking at many different speakers...I think my 3 fronts are gonna be Paradigm.

Monitor 9's and a Studio CC center.

question #1: In bi-amping a system, how does the wattage thing work? How much to send to the hi-mid section and woofers?

question #2: Is it logical to go with the StudioCC Center instead of the CC-370? I like the sound of the StudioCC better, it had more presence than the CC-370.

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

I had a chance to demo the Studio CC and the CC 370 v3 side by side. I have Studio 40s for mains and ADP's for rears.

The Studio series is definitely smoother in the mids and highs but I'm not convinced they are worth the extra bucks.

There was a definite timber difference in the two CC's. The 370 did NOT match the 40s in the highs. But, you have to be a discerning listener to notice.

My wife couldn't tell but it drove me crazy. Just a little bit of pitch difference.

Both centers are very good. I kind of wish I would have bought an additional Studio 40 for the center. Although I'm very happy.

The Studio CC definitely has better presence additionally. The 370 sounds slightly muffeled in comparison IMHO but you wouldn't notice unless you could demo side by side like I did.

Have you thought about Studio 60s and the Studio CC?

Good Luck!

Mike

3. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

studio 60's price wise are out of my league.

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

5. Ron_L

Ron_L Second Unit

i'm more HT than music...

for the $$$, the monitor 9's look like more of a beefier speaker than the studio 40's.