2 PC-Ultras or 1 PB12-Ultra/2?...feedback?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Johnal, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Johnal

Johnal Stunt Coordinator

Johnal
    I've had my beautiful PC-Ultra for a relatively short period of time and my need/greed to have even more power at my disposal is slowly getting the better of me. I was wondering what most people here would prefer to do if they had an option. Own 2 PC-Ultras or 1 PB12-Ultra/2?

No...i can't truly afford to get another PC-Ultra, and so obviously even selling off my Ultra to fund the Ultra/2 would financially screw me... but then again...i got the PC-Ultra as a gift to myself when my g/f of 3 years left me...so maybe this will be my 1 year anniversary present to myself. [​IMG]

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I've actually had both including dual PB12-Ultra's. If it were my decision, I would go with the dual and run them in the 16 Hz tune. I know thats subjective, but since you asked.[​IMG]

3. AxelKro

AxelKro Stunt Coordinator

I would go for a second PC-Ultra.
    You will have a better bass distribution then (assuming you have enough space to place one more) and you have a "stereo" look. At least, I like the dual look, which fits to the two front speakers.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Johnal:

I would get the PB12-Ultra/2 as it is all in one enclosure instead of having two subs that you would have to balance out together in the room. I like an all in one enclosure.

I would also give Tom and Ron an email and ask them what they would recommend.

5. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

If you have the ability to locate a second sub wherever you wanted, a pair of PC-Ultras placed carefully will likely give you more even bass in more areas in the room. This will take a fair amount of experimentation, so be ready if you go that route.