What's new

2 PC-Ultras or 1 PB12-Ultra/2?...feedback? (1 Viewer)

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
I've had my beautiful PC-Ultra for a relatively short period of time and my need/greed to have even more power at my disposal is slowly getting the better of me. I was wondering what most people here would prefer to do if they had an option. Own 2 PC-Ultras or 1 PB12-Ultra/2?

No...i can't truly afford to get another PC-Ultra, and so obviously even selling off my Ultra to fund the Ultra/2 would financially screw me... but then again...i got the PC-Ultra as a gift to myself when my g/f of 3 years left me...so maybe this will be my 1 year anniversary present to myself. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

I've actually had both including dual PB12-Ultra's. If it were my decision, I would go with the dual and run them in the 16 Hz tune. I know thats subjective, but since you asked.:)

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
I would go for a second PC-Ultra.
You will have a better bass distribution then (assuming you have enough space to place one more) and you have a "stereo" look. At least, I like the dual look, which fits to the two front speakers.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Johnal:

I would get the PB12-Ultra/2 as it is all in one enclosure instead of having two subs that you would have to balance out together in the room. I like an all in one enclosure.

I would also give Tom and Ron an email and ask them what they would recommend.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
If you have the ability to locate a second sub wherever you wanted, a pair of PC-Ultras placed carefully will likely give you more even bass in more areas in the room. This will take a fair amount of experimentation, so be ready if you go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks