2 PB10'S OR 1 PB12/NSD SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by timZa, Jul 18, 2006.

1. timZa

timZa Stunt Coordinator

My room is 27x 18 with 8ft ceiling and very hard. ceramic tile floor with concrete slab, drywall walls. in your opinions would i be better of with 2 PB10S or 1 PB12/NSD2?
    if more info is needed please ask, thanks.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    With a room that size, I'd almost step up to a Plus or a Plus/2 even. I'd shoot this question directly over to SVS and see what they say, but I'll wager that 2 PB-10s will give you more output.

3. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

What are your priorities? Do you care about super-low bass? How loud do you listen?

4. timZa

timZa Stunt Coordinator

Yes lower the better. i like it loud and want to really feel the bass! i listen a reference levels, this will be only for HT thanks.

5. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Take John's advice then and get a "plus" or a "plus/2"

6. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Does your room open up into the rest of the house? It sounds like you're going to need some serious subwoofer for your desires. Definitely email SVS, they'll give you the straight scoop.

7. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

The room my system is in is larger than yours and opens into another room that is about the size of yours. I have the PB12-NSD/2 and I describe it as "bone crushing."

If you can afford the Plus/2 than get it to have the baddest sub on the planet. If you can not, the NSD/2 will drop your jaw and you will have no complaints.

8. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    One NSD/2 will likely be easier to integrate than 2 PB-10s and a little floor space will be saved (only a little) [​IMG] In my 19x20 room with high vaulted ceiling and open to the kitchen, SVS recommended I simply add another PB-10 to the one I had at the time and that I would need to step up to a Plus/2 to improve on that.

9. Geoff Gunnell

Geoff Gunnell Stunt Coordinator

Stereo subs do take a little more tweaking to perfect but they do sound great -- another option you should consider is two of the new PB12-NSD's.
    vis a vis the NSD/2 Tom V. said the following:
    "With the NSD/2 set to 20hz mode(which will closely parallel the extension capabilities of the new PB12nsd), dual PB12nsd subs(co-located) will have a 2-4dB advantage. In other words, it would take three of the PB12nsd subs to equal two of the NSD/2 subs."
    Of course, for the $1200 two PB12-NSDs would cost, you could also get one PB12-Plus/2...

10. timZa

timZa Stunt Coordinator

Thank you for your unputs. i e mailed SVS, sent pics and size of room and they said i need a pb12plus/2. now i need to save more cash.

11. timZa

timZa Stunt Coordinator

I ordered the PB12 plus/2 today, now i gotta come up with a plan to get it the house. i just noticed the weight is 140lbs[​IMG]

12. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Tim, congrats on the PB12 plus/2! Have fun!

13. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Tim,

You got yourself a hell of a sub. Wait till you give it a test drive. As for getting it in your house, I hope you are friends with your neighbor. No way you are getting it in there alone. And then once you get it in, do not let him leave. You will need him to get it out of the box with you as well. I learned that the hard way and had to have him come back. I figured I would be able to just unbox it and slide it out. Nope.