What's new

2 new 1600x1200 Doom III Screenshots! Amazing! (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Check these out.
I saw these posted on another forum that I go to, incredible. Look at the shadow of the Doctor, look at the reflection in the marines visor. I definetely spooged my pants after seeing these.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Yup, that shadow is intense.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

-Andre F

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ok. First, let me thank Kelley for the link. 'Preciate any info thrown this way 'cuz I'm a hermit. :D
Now, I was really on the edge of upgrading due to Neverwinter Nights; the anticipation of this game has pushed me off that edge. I MUST UPGRADE. :eek:

Peter_A

Second Unit
My god you're gonna need one hell of a powerfull computer to run scences like that smoothly.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Pictures look pretty good. Except the ugly walls, hexagonal pipes, and two-piece zombies.

We'll know more when we get to see this in motion.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Very nice.. so about the time I decide it's time to upgrade my 'puter this game will be coming out... so that means I'm in no rush to upgrade :)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor

You've got that right, besides why would you want to play this with anything but a Mouse and the keyboard?! This (along with NWN, and War 3) show why Consoles will never replace the PC for games!

Brian

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Todd Hollenshead, id's CEO: "We will put more thought into the console side once we're done with the PC version, but XBox looks the most attractive at this point."

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i also believe that John Carmack is on the Xbox Advisory Board, and mentioned that a "scaled down" version of the game could be possible for the Xbox.

one can only hope and wait!

(without a 10k$ video card, my machine aint gonna even be able to run the menu I bet!)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm not 100% on this, but I think I saw this game listed on the release schedule for X-Box over at IGN X-Box. It will be sweet if this game comes out for X-Box.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
You've got that right, besides why would you want to play this with anything but a Mouse and the keyboard?!
Because some of us that used to use that setup have found the console controllers to be better.

One stick for the mouse and the other for movement. Make 'em as sensitive as you want. IMHO...MUCH superior to a keyboard. And I used to use the mouse/keyboard combo all the time.

To each his/her own.

Kami

Screenwriter
If one of the current consoles do get Doom3 eventually, it will be really scaled down I think. You need a beast to run this...think Radeon 9700 or NV30 to get optimal performance and visual quality, and something like an AMD XP 1800+ or P4 2.0GHz at least....
It's over a year away anyway, so most of us gamers will have upgraded to something decent. Current cards will run it OK (GF4 mainly), but never higher than 1024x768 IMO.
As for PC vs. Console...they are both better for certain games. IMO it's a sin to run an RPG, strategy game, or first person shooter on a console. Just IMHO :) Then on a console some games play better like sports games and racing games.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure you all know this, but the doctor is actually made after Carmack. That IS him. LOL!
What a bad ass he is. :)
This game is going to sell some serious hardware!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks