2 HSU VTF-3's vs. 1 SVS PB2+

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by eryn shannon, May 31, 2004.

1. eryn shannon

eryn shannon Stunt Coordinator

Here in Canada these 2 options are about the same price (the svs is a little more by $100-$200). Which one would be a better value? my room is 24'x 24', I currently have two Athena AS-P400's (10" 100w) and am not getting the bass output that I would like. I am hoping that one these options will give me the bass I am hoping for.

2. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru

Craig
    Well, I own two VTF-3 mark II's and just went from the PB2+ to the B4+ ... They are both great choices... I did a fairly extensive comparison on Home Theater SPot... it is in Forums, under "the SPot for you", then " The Review Spot" ... and was called "Why have a subwoofer shootout?"

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Considering your room the two Hsu's may suit you better. I'm sure several will disagree with me, but hear me out: Perfectly sqaure rooms are notorious for lots of nulls and peaks. Perhaps with 2 subs you could place them so as to minimize the these affects. On the other hand, if you're not careful with it, it could possibly make things much worse. Do you plan to co-locate the subs if you get 2? If you plan to co-locate, then I think I'd go for the SVS, but I'm not sure how much of a performance advantage it would give (but I'm sure someone will chime in with that pretty soon).

4. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Stunt Coordinator

Why not try 1 x VTF-3 first and if you want more, you can alway buy another. I am more than impressed with my single VTF-3 for output, although I am not one who plays back movies at ref level. With a local 30 day returns available in Canada from homedigitalav.com, the $999 CAN VTF-3 is probably better option with its local service support and an easier return path.

PC