What's new

2 Guys in White van scam (again) ! (1 Viewer)

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Okay, maybe the speakers are not stolen, but I don't see how guys hanging out the window doin' 55+ on a highway, waving people down to roll down their windows so they can pitch their shit is legal.
This happened, it's a fact... I know because I was in the damned van. :frowning:
I answered an ad in the paper for a "warehouse job", and the schmucks were all "okay, let's hop in the vans and head to the job!" when I showed up, as if we were on our way to "the warehouse". Good God that was so embarassing! Minutes later, the "veterans" were telling us to yell bullshit to people on the road. I was like, hell no, and told them to take me back to my car. They wouldn't take me back right away of course, and since I had absolutely no cash on me for the bus, a cab, or even to call a bud to come pick me up, I stuck along for the ride. The deal was everyone in the van got a cut, and one of the vets actually sold a set or two. When we got back, the schmuck at the office was like "well, you have to come back next week, yadda yadda yadda to collect..." I got in the guys face and told him how I'd endured a days worth of bullshit and he'd better give me my cut just for wasting my time. He apparantly didn't want any trouble because he gave me whatever the rate was, I forget how much.
Geeze, I had been out of a job for a while, didn't really have any marketable skills at the time, and life was really suckin', but you know, I really didn't need that! :angry:
Fortunately, I have never been approached by these guys on the sucker end. To tell you the truth, I'm not to sure how I would react.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I've experienced the 'white van' people twice near my house, both times at exactly the same spot, years apart! Both times I was approached by Australians (different sets of course). I'm amazed to read all of these reports from around the world. It's kinda like Signs. "It's happening." ;)
There must be some strange white-van-speaker-peddling-cult out there. I wonder how you join? As your innitiation I bet you have to walk into the annual meeting of the Home-Theater-and-Rabid-Dog-Loving-Society with a T-Shirt with "Bose Rules!" on it. :D One can only hope.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
These guys are selling on EBAY too. Just do a search on "Dogg Speakers"
(RETAIL $1499.00 EACH)
Don't hesitate because this is a reserve auction as the reserve is set at an outrageously low price as compared to the manufacturer.
Manufacturers web page Link Removed (Don't click this)
As you can see this is an auction for a pair of dogg digital model # 600-SL speakers. The pair consists of a Left and a Right speaker design to get the sound where you want it. I think these speakers are awsome. The box has been previously opened by myself and the salesman so I could demo them before I bought them. Unfortunatly I bought them without consulting my other half. ( / . so sad for me.) But on the other hand whoever wins this auction is sure to get a great deal...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks