What's new

2 Guns - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ever get the idea 2 stars want to star in a movie together, and just take any ol' script that features a lot of screen time between the 2 of them? That's the feeling I get with "2 Guns" starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. There was good chemistry between the 2 of them.

As an almost serious drama with some tongue-in-cheek-iness to it, the film features a DEA agent (Bobby) working with a Naval Intelligence officer (Stig), neither knowing who they really are, trying to get in with the drug cartel so they can cut off the source of the supply of drugs coming into the US.

So, an operation goes well, too well, and it pretty much makes Bobby and Stig the target of other forces at play, and then it goes bad for both of them.

Kudos for the film featuring Paula Patton toplesss (according to the articles, it was her idea, and the director had no qualms with her idea).

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I was really letdown by this one. The two stars have done so much better and it's clear they're just cashing a paycheck here. With that said, they still manage to have some fun together and if it wasn't for the two of them then this here would have been a major bomb. The problem is the God-awful screenplay, which is just so pointless and so boring that you really don't care what happens to anyone involved. The entire plot dealing with the various sides going up against one another is just boring. It also doesn't help that the direction is so weak that there's never any tension to the action scenes or anything else.

Another major problem is the trailer, which gave away too much stuff. This is becoming a common trend but I thought it was extremely bad here including giving away what happens to the money at the end of the picture. I seems that this film (as well as WE'RE THE MILLERS) gave away all the "big" scenes in the film.

** (out of 4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks