What's new

2-Disc versions of "From Hell" and "Moulin Rouge" going OOP (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A memo from Fox to Retailers dated last Monday (3/3) stated that both From Hell and Moulin Rouge in the 2-disc DVD editions were "on moratorium". There was no date mentioned as the effective date, so I assume this is "immediately".

Anyone who knows retailers that still have stock of these excellent editions, better get 'em if you need 'em. I suspect these will go for a pretty penny on eBay later on. :wink:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone explain why Fox Does this with their 2 Disc Editions? It is a bit annoying. Will the 2 disc editions ever be brought back as Staddon claims? There are some sets that I now want Since becoming more of an enthusiast but cannot get anymore. Although, I know I'm partly resposible for not buying while I could

I just hope these moratoriums on two disc sets just to be replaced with a single disc is not just to please J6P who does not care about most of the extras

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone explain why Fox Does this with their 2 Disc Editions? It is a bit annoying.
One would imagine the rationale is saved expense from replication of the second disc. Its probably not a bad business decision, even though I may not like it personally as a DVD aficiando. However, consider this, most of the "film buffs" and "DVD fans" that are interested in this film have already bought it on DVD.

The remaining market is most likely made up of JSP, who would perfer the lower price point to the additional disc.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Also at some point in time they can re-release a "Special Edition" version and do a marketing campaign around it.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I imagine the 2 disc version of Moulin Rouge! will still be available in the Baz Lurhman Red Curtain boxed set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks