2-Disc versions of "From Hell" and "Moulin Rouge" going OOP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Mar 5, 2003.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

A memo from Fox to Retailers dated last Monday (3/3) stated that both From Hell and Moulin Rouge in the 2-disc DVD editions were "on moratorium". There was no date mentioned as the effective date, so I assume this is "immediately".

Anyone who knows retailers that still have stock of these excellent editions, better get 'em if you need 'em. I suspect these will go for a pretty penny on eBay later on. :wink:

2. WillG

WillG Producer

Can anyone explain why Fox Does this with their 2 Disc Editions? It is a bit annoying. Will the 2 disc editions ever be brought back as Staddon claims? There are some sets that I now want Since becoming more of an enthusiast but cannot get anymore. Although, I know I'm partly resposible for not buying while I could

I just hope these moratoriums on two disc sets just to be replaced with a single disc is not just to please J6P who does not care about most of the extras

3. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

4. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

Also at some point in time they can re-release a "Special Edition" version and do a marketing campaign around it.

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I imagine the 2 disc version of Moulin Rouge! will still be available in the Baz Lurhman Red Curtain boxed set?