2 Disc Resident Evil German release-need some info (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Travis_W, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I can't wait any longer for the ultra special edition release here and importing is out of the question. Could somebody describe the deleted scenes and the alternate ending here?
    Thanks in advance.

2. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...10#post1410310

There are no 'deleted' scenes apart from the alternative ending, which is nothing special.

The IMDB 'alternate versions' explains the ending just as well (if not better than I can):

2-Disc Special Edition DVD includes an alternate ending, which plays six months after the incident at Racoon City. Here Alice wears a Matrix-like costume and goes to the Umbrella Corporation headquarters to search for Matt. You see her going in and one of the guards asks what he can do for her. Before she can answer the security systems identify her and all guards draw their weapons. She consequently draws her own, the camera moves closer and you hear a shot. Then you see a close-up of her closing eye.

Paul W. S. Anderson explains in his introduction to the alternative ending that if this version was included, it would be longer than the 50 seconds we are presented with, as the effects work was never completed.

3. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info-quite a different ending. I definitely like the original ending as it set the stage for what could be an awesome sequel next year.

4. Matthew_V

Matthew_V Stunt Coordinator