What's new

2-Disc Atlantis CE DVD for $16.99 @ Overstock.com (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up! I put my order in. I had bad luck with this as I tried to buy it from Best Buy a couple of months ago, they had it stickered at $27.99 and I had a 10% coupon I wanted to use. The manager (who just happened to be at the register I was at) refused to sell it at that price when it kept ringing up as $34.99 - I guess they had just repriced it and according to the manager "missed one copy." So I gave it back disgusted and walked away, only to come back to that store a month later and find that copy still stickered at $27.99! Well screw them, I've found a much better deal! Thanks Phil.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Your Welcome Carlo!!
I watched Atlantis CE this weekend (missed @ the Theaters) and the animation / DTS 5.1 encoded mix is outstanding! Really gave my SVS 25-31PCi a workout!!
One reason why this is another great LFE audio/video Demo DVD is explained in one the Feature material sections on the 2nd DVD Disc.
The goal was to make a non-musical, Indiana Jones type adventure blockbuster story for Disney!!! So, the action sequence(s) w/LFE sub-sonic encoded effects are as good as any live-action movie I've seen!!! The 5.1 HT mix effectively uses the entire front/center/surround channels to its fullest capabilities and with impressive seamless surround effects panning! :emoji_thumbsup:
Enjoy,
Phil

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
are you sure this is the collectors edition? I dont see where it states that.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
after said:
@ the end of the DESC.
DVDEmpire lists the Atlantis: The Lost Empire - 2-Disc Collector's Edition (2001) w/ Item Code: 23835, ...
Overstock calls it: Model No: DIS D23835D.
DVDEmpire lists the MSRP = $39.99
Same w/Overstock.
Hope this helps,
Phil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Woo hoo mine shipped! Since they're out of Utah (and I'm in CA) it won't take too long (yes I cheaped out and used media mail)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks