2-Disc Atlantis CE DVD for $16.99 @ Overstock.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Iturralde, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

FYI: This $16.99 Atlantis: The Lost Empire (DVD) @ Overstock.com is the 2-Disc DTS Collector's Edition. Shipping for one single media item = $1.40.
    Make sure you verify that @ the end of the DESC is reads ...

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Thanks for the heads up! I put my order in. I had bad luck with this as I tried to buy it from Best Buy a couple of months ago, they had it stickered at $27.99 and I had a 10% coupon I wanted to use. The manager (who just happened to be at the register I was at) refused to sell it at that price when it kept ringing up as $34.99 - I guess they had just repriced it and according to the manager "missed one copy." So I gave it back disgusted and walked away, only to come back to that store a month later and find that copy still stickered at $27.99! Well screw them, I've found a much better deal! Thanks Phil.

3. Phil Iturralde

Your Welcome Carlo!!
    I watched Atlantis CE this weekend (missed @ the Theaters) and the animation / DTS 5.1 encoded mix is outstanding! Really gave my SVS 25-31PCi a workout!!
    One reason why this is another great LFE audio/video Demo DVD is explained in one the Feature material sections on the 2nd DVD Disc.
    The goal was to make a non-musical, Indiana Jones type adventure blockbuster story for Disney!!! So, the action sequence(s) w/LFE sub-sonic encoded effects are as good as any live-action movie I've seen!!! The 5.1 HT mix effectively uses the entire front/center/surround channels to its fullest capabilities and with impressive seamless surround effects panning! [​IMG]
    Enjoy,
    Phil

4. Rob TT

Rob TT Stunt Coordinator

are you sure this is the collectors edition? I dont see where it states that.

5. Phil Iturralde

@ the end of the DESC.
    DVDEmpire lists the Atlantis: The Lost Empire - 2-Disc Collector's Edition (2001) w/ Item Code: 23835, ...
    Overstock calls it: Model No: DIS D23835D.
    DVDEmpire lists the MSRP = $39.99
    Same w/Overstock.
    Hope this helps,
    Phil

6. Troy_A

Troy_A Auditioning

Ordered it today, Jan 13th. Thanks for the tip![​IMG]

7. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Woo hoo mine shipped! Since they're out of Utah (and I'm in CA) it won't take too long (yes I cheaped out and used media mail)...