2 Component inputs on my TV, but I need 3. Help!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jason Hughes, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I have a Panasonic widescreen TV, not sure of the model #.
    It only has two component inputs. I am using one for the DVD player and one for the HD cable.

Without thinking, I bought the HD audio/video cables for my X-Box. I did not realize at the time that I only had 2 component inputs. Is there a way around this or am I screwed?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Jason

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

A component switch box would be an option. This would allow you to plug multiple component sources into the switch box and then the switchbox plugs into the component input on the TV. You would press a button on the switch box to view whichever device you want to use on the TV.

http://www.impactacoustics.com/produ...nent+switch%29

click on that link to check out the kind of device you need to solve your problem. This one is a bit pricey but looks to be of excellent quality and includes a remote[​IMG]

3. JoshGivens

JoshGivens Stunt Coordinator

Does your receiver do component switching?

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I've heard of people having success with using a quality AV switchbox in place of a component switchbox (just keep the colors straight). I've never tried it, but it might save you a couple of bucks.... keep the receipt.

If your receiver supports component ins & outs... that would be the better option.

5. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    Unfortunately, my receiver does not support component video. For the time being, I will get have to use the regualr cables for the X-Box (no chance I'm ditching the HD Cable). It's not too much trouble to reach behind and switch the cables, so when I have friends over and want to impress them....

Eventually I'll get a new DVD player with the HDMI (is that right?) output and then plug the X-Box into that component input...

6. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Your last post suggests you have an HDMI input on your tv. Have you called the cable company to see if they have a cable box that outputs DVI or HDMI? That would solve your problem.