What's new

2" Colorful Shimmering Line Running Vertically Down The Right Side of Projected Frame (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm having a big problem which was just introduced to my setup last night...

I'm running a front DLP projector (Digital Projection iVision HDX) in conjunction with a Key Digital HD Leeza video scaler and Pioneer Elite 59-Avi.

The Pioneer goes into the Leeza at 480p and output at 1280x720 via DVI to the projector.

The scaler inputs are set at DVI/HDCP2 (HD) and SDI (SD) according, and the output format to RGBHV.

What I'm seeing, on the right-hand side of the frame ONLY... is a vertical line approx. 2 inches thick, that almost resembles a series of color bars (color squares) in a rainbow pattern from the top of the my screen to the bottom.

This colorful rainbow border has an inherent flicker to it, that is even more distracting than the problem itself and makes watching any movie that isn't wide enough for it to be hidden in the black mask bordering the screen, impossible to watch and focus on.

I have no idea what could be causing this problem, and would like to hear your suggestions on what could be the issue.

Thanks.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Here's an example of what the screen would look like, when projected at a 4x3 ratio:

The vertical line seen on the right side of the frame, would be a consistant shimmering flicker. Of course those colors are probably not accurately depicted, but they are drawn to give you all an idea of the problem.

I don't know what to do about this...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone please help me determine which piece of hardware is likely the culprit of this problem... my video scaler, dvd player or projector?

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

wiredmass

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
It is probably your flux capacitor. You should probably replace it very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks