What's new

2 channel preamp with sub out - Such a thing? (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Tom, you can just get a sub with low-pass inputs and an output. Then you send the high-pass material out and on to the main amp. I would pick an audio only preamp out on criteria other than having a sub output, because few will. I have a sub set-up thusy in a stereo system and it works beautifully. Best wishes!

Tom Garvey

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to avoid running more than one wire. This set up is in my sunroom and the sub is across the room. Nowhere to hide wires really.
BTW, That is one goofy site you have :D

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this applies, but the current stereo receivers from HK have both main-in/pre-outs and a separate sub output. I suppose you can get one of these and use it as a 2 channel pre-amp and connect a sub to it.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Hey Tom, I'm glad you got a chuckle out of my PNT site, evidently! I had my Marantz AV9000 hooked up as a stereo with sub for awhile when I first moved in my my new place. It made a darn good stereo. I suppose you'll have to use an A/V pre to get the subwoofer output you want. The Marantz is one of the more musical ones out there and it's trading at greatly reduced prices these days since it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the latest models. Best holiday wishes! :)

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
You could also use an Outlaw ICBM between the Pre and Amp. This will act as the crossover and bass management to the sub. I think there is an ICBM waiting for me under the tree so I will let you know how it works.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I think anthems 2 channel pre-amp does this, I forget the model # check out sonic frontiers website for more info!

Bob

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I'm currently using a Parasound PSP-1500 as the control unit for my system. This unit has a "Stereo Direct" mode which sends the full range untouched signal to the front left/right and sub output. Incidently, it may be for sale in the near future.

In the past when I had a dedicated two channel system, I have used good quality Y connectors to feed the main amp and sub. Of course the main speakers will still be getting a full range signal.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks