What's new

2 channel amp questions (1 Viewer)

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible to get a decent two channel amp for around 200-300 dollars. What sort of brands should i be looking at?

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I have seen people getting Parasound 855A's for around $275-325. The Parasound 855A is a 5 channel amp 85x5, but if your speakers have two sets of binding posts then you can biamp them giving 170watts to each speaker and then using the last channel to power a center.

Two other amps brands that you can check out are Adcom & Carver. Not too sure about model numbers but I see a fair number of them in your price range. Check out audigon, ubid, and ebay for prices.

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Depends on what you mean by decent. But the answer is yes. I would first look at the used market. Then I would have to wait for someone else because I don't know US pricing :D

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Also let us know what kind of speakers you plan on powering as well as your listening preferences.

Jon_p_s

Stunt Coordinator
I'm probably going to get a pair of axiom mt3i's. Not sure on the type of subwoofer i want yet.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
I see Acurus A150s for around $300 quite a bit. I consider that a very good amp. For $300 you almost have to go used if you really want to make a significant jump.

-rob

Yogi

Screenwriter
There are plenty to choose from if you go used. Most of the stereo amps in the 120W range go for around $300 on audiogon. Examples that come to mind are B&K, Rotel, Parasound, Marantz (2 x 125 W monoblocks), Anthem etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks