2 Bad Boys' DVDs: Whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Reuben, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Get the second one. It's a special edition with superior audio and video. The first one is a single-disc movie-only edition from the early days of Columbia TriStar's output.

M.

2. TonyE

TonyE Stunt Coordinator

This one from 2000:
    1st One
    This one from 1997:
    2nd One
    I think the one from 1997 is two discs and the one from 2000 is only one, can anyone verify this?
    The one from 1997 is 10 dollars more than the one from 2000, does this one have better picture and/or audio quality to justify the money?
    THANKS!

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The 2000 release is Bad Boys(1995) - Special Edition with added-value elements. The bonus materials are a new documentary "Making The Boom and The Bang in Bad Boys," commentary by director Michael Bay, isolated score in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, music videos, multi-angle segments on the pyrotechnics, and trailers.

The 1997 version is the original release of Bad Boys(1995) on DVD. This was when DVDs did not have much in terms of special features. Just the film and soundtrack options with static menus.

Both DVDs feature the same video transfer although the Special Edition spreads the film across a dual-layer disc. The original DVD squeezes the film onto a single-layer disc.

4. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hold on, Do you mean The Sean Penn Bad Boys or the Martin Lawrence version???
    If Penn, Get the newer one. It is a NEW transfer and a MUCH longer cut.
    [​IMG] D

5. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Its Bad Boys(1995). Click on the links to see it.

6. Matthew Rasbury

Get the Special Edition. They are both one disc, but the Special Edition has a much crisper video transfer, and has a kick ass commentary by Bay.

7. TonyE

TonyE Stunt Coordinator

Well, i guess its pretty clear, get the 2000 Special Edition version, good thing too...its cheaper! [​IMG]
    Thanks guys!

8. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I got the Martin Lawrence version a year ago or so. It's a pretty nice disc.
    I hope the sequel will be even better. [​IMG]