What's new

2-3 Pulldown for Toshiba H series (1 Viewer)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Mike, I just received an email from someone at Toshiba Canada customer support who knows that I'm a dealer telling me that the fix is coming, but there is no remote and that "you can't believe everything you read"!!
My sides still hurt from laughing! I offered to show them the procedure.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Has anyone tried this yet? I did it while I was resetting my static convegence. I can't see any difference. The only thing is the picture jumps at first when you turn the DNR to auto. Also I noticed that the picture jumps periodically in Gladiator, as if it is losing the signal and then it gets it back.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I did it with the Cinema 7 remote and i ABSOLUTELY notice a difference. I used Star Trek Insurrectiona s the test and there was clearly a diff with DNR Auto as opposed to off. The jaggies are GONE with it in Auto

RichardJS

Grip
I am relatively new here, and just came across this post. I immediately went and checked my 65H80, and found it was manufactured November 2000.
frown.gif
I was wondering if anyone knows the current status of this fix in Canada and how I would best go about having it implemented.
I would also like to thank this forum. My only complaint is information overload.

James FT

Stunt Coordinator
Contact Toshiba Canada customer service in Markham Ontario their phone number is on the back of your instruction book for the TV.They will make arrangements for a Toshiba service agent to come to your home and make the installation. It takes all of 30 seconds and is done with a remote control unit. This fix only works when a dvd is playing. The DNR control is the items that turns it on and off once you have it installed.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
JamesFT, the 3:2 pulldown detection and reversal is always active, regardless of the source, if DNR is set to Auto. Since most network programming is film-originated, there is usually some benefit to be gained from this, although it's very difficult to see a difference. Try toggling the DNR setting while you're watching credits scroll after a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks