2/05 '24' written by....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Michael St. Clair

Lawrence Hertzog, the excecutive producer and substantial driving force behind 'Nowhere Man'.

2. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Michael St. Clair,
    I was just going to start a thread to be ready to dicuss "24" and you beat me to it. [​IMG]
    Would you elaborate on your statement. I am not aware of Mr. Herzog's credits.
    Show starts in 2:45...
    -Dan M
    EDIT: Opps, see below.

3. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Never mind...

From IMDB for "Nowhere Man":

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Am I the only one who thinks its weird that they have different writers for each episode? I mean, the episodes must have been planned out from the beginning, so you would think they would have the same writer....

...or not.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Morgan, writing is hard work. The "show-runners"/story editors for a serial program create an outline and work with the writers of an individual episode, probably much more closely on "24" than most other shows.

Good to see Hertzog working again, though. Loved "Nowhere Man" and heard good things about "Profiler". I also loved how uncompromising and accessible he was with NM; he posted on its Usenet group and didn't really seem inclined to sugarcoat any problems he was having with UPN or anyone.

6. Michael St. Clair

Dammit, the water heater started leaking tonite and I've got to deal with it and other stuff. 24 will have to sit on the Tivo for a day or so before I watch it.

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It'll be worth the wait. Don't let anyone slip you any spoilers.

M.

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Morgan: The creators of the show have also stated that they do not (or did not) have the whole series planned out, and that they weren't sure what way things were going to go exactly.

But that could of course just be lip service.

9. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

Nowhere Man started off great but went south very quickly. It became so self-contradictory and incoherent that I just gave up.

One thing I will take credit for though: When Nowhere Man started, they had a nasty habit of showing a "Spoiler" right before they went to commercial. For instance, if the guy was tied up in a chair in a mental hospital as they went to a commercial, they would show a teaser of him driving a car through a fence to escape as they went to commercial. I complained about this mightily on a web forum that Lawrence Hertzog himself monitored, and as a result, they changed this practice.

Too bad the show went downhill. Let's hope 24 doesn't suffer the same fate.

10. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

How many episodes have been shown in the states? I just watched ep 3, the next one is on tuesday. This is one damn great show!