What's new

2.0 Surround Confusion! Quick reply needed! (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Not sure if this is the correct area for this, if not then mods feel free to move it!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm going to start watching The X-Files on DVD with my sister and my fiancee in half an hour, anyway - I have noticed that the DVD audio is listed as "2.0 Surround" - it sounds very "thin" on my Onkyo 605 and 5.1 set-up - nothing is coming from the rears and there's no bass what so ever.

If I apply Dolby Pro Logic II processing then the soundtrack seems to come to life with bass and some surround activity - however I'm worried that dialogue is going to start coming from L/R speakers instead of the center channel and other such lunacy.

Is Dolby Pro Logic II okay to use? Or would it be better to just use no processing?

Really big thanks to anyone who can reply! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
2.0 surround means it's mixed for Pro Logic, if it's available to you. Otherwise it'll just be stereo. Pro Logic is good, when 5.1 surround isn't available.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Pro-Logic is "2.0 Surround". It means the surround (the rears are 2 channel mono) and center are matrixed into the regular stereo mix. Dolby Pro-Logic II is a newer process that does a bit more to the original Pro-Logic mix to make it come more alive, so you are using it as prescribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks