1st Time Help

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by eric pesk, Aug 28, 2005.

1. eric pesk

eric pesk Auditioning

HEY WATS UP GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BUILDING A HOME THEATER I HAVE 2 BEDROOMS NEXT TO EACH OTHER SO I KNOCKED DOWN THE WALL BETWEEN AND THE CLOSETS FINISHED SIZE OF ROOM IS 13FEET 8 INCHES BY 23 FEET 9 INCHES I WAS CONSIDERING A 102-106 INCH CARADA SCREEN AND AN INFOCUS SP4805 DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT HOW FAR BACK I SHOULD BE SITTING I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT 2 ROWS OF SEATS PLUS A SNACK BAR WITH BAR STOOLS IN BACK DOES THAT SOUND FINE OR LIKE IT IS GOING TO BE TO CROWDED ANY OPINIONS OR THOUGHT ABOUT THE ROOM WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Eric, please turn off the capital lock. And using periods would be nice. You have more than enough space to have 2 rows of seats. It could be a little tight with the snack bar and chairs though. I would rather have 2 rows of seats than a snack bar. For a 106" diagonal screen, you should sit back about 15.5 feet(2X screen width with the 4805).

3. drobbins

drobbins Screenwriter

Dave
    Eric,
    My theater's dimensions are similar to yours (14 x 25). I am also using a 4805 with a 105" screen. My first row of seats is a little closer than recommended, 13', and my second row is 19.5'. This is due to an air duct I had to work around. When sitting in the front row, I can see the SDE if I look for it , but normally if I am into the movie I don't notice it at all.
    We are going to have a concession cabinet for our snacks. It looks a little crowded for a bar. Besides the second row will be needed for all your visitors that come over once they find out about your big screen theater. [​IMG]

Dave

4. eric pesk

eric pesk Auditioning

Hey thanks for the replys, but what about 2 rows of seats and 1 snack counter, with directors chairs in the back. What do you think the optimal viewing distance is with a 100-106 inch creen

5. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Again, the optimal seating distance for the 4805 is 2X screen width. For a 106" diagonal screen, it puts you at 15.5' to 16' back. But you'll have to compromise with 2 rows of seating. You can split the difference and put the rear row at 18', and the front row about 14'.