What's new

1st STARGATE UE Review (1 Viewer)

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
I read that great review, but didnt see the release date, Anyone know , and the retail price?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
The release date is 2/18, and a certain Deep Discount site has the DVD for $11.43! I wasn't planning on owning this one, but for that price....

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Scott,

I agree! I saw that price and thought, "hey, what the hell?" For 12 bucks, I can splurge. And if I don't like it, then I can ebay it and probably get 10, less than a rental fee!

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I have the first two releases and will partake again.

I think I'll sell one set as a "Stargate Director's Trilogy" on Ebay to help recoup my costs on this title:D

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote:
The release date is 2/18, and a certain Deep Discount site has the DVD for $11.43!
---------
and that INCLUDES book rate postage.
plus, I thought I read somewhere of a $5 'upgraders' coupon inside...making the actual price.......$6.43.....!
At that price buy 'em as stocking stuffers for Xmas...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Call me a SUCKER as this will be my 4th version of Stargate. I originally had the AC-3 laserdisc of Stargate, then sold it...for the original flipper dvd....then sold it for the Special Edition dvd....then sold it awaiting this one. The studios are smart you see as they know there are more like me out there...;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The only version I've had is the AC3 LD. I can't wait to see a better transfer!

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Sweet. I have this one on pre-order with the new Criterion "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." Two Tuesdays from now I will be a very happy man.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I'll be damned! Third time is a charm! Just wish I hadn't plunked down the money for the first two times... ;)

Okay my preorder is in for the *last* non-HD version of Stargate I will ever buy! (knock on wood)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Of course, being the dedicated video-phile purist that I am I NEVER even CONSIDERED buying the non-anamorphic DVD versions. :)

But for < $12 at deepdiscountdvd.com I think I can swing this new disc ;)

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator
I also had the AC-3 LD. Then sold it and replaced it for the DTS LD. I know for sure that in the audio section the Laserdisc is hard to beat. But as video quality is concerned the LD is no match for the Anamorphic DVD. This 2-disc set is so cheap that I can't pass it up.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
This will also be my 3rd time owning the film. The first was the first laserdisc (which had to be recalled due to a flub on the PCM track on side 1), then came the Director's Cut on laserdisc, and now finally the UE DVD!

-Lyle J.P.

Mike Click

Stunt Coordinator
My first post on my favorite Stargate, things are starting to look good. 2.35:1.
I prefer the Theatrical over the directors
cut. Nice of Deep Discount to discount this title, I have my order in.

O/T I can't wait for that May 13 edition disc though 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, 2.55:1 anamorphic with 5.1 sound from 1954

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks