1st NFL Game Attendance. Please give advice.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Giles, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

I'm going to be purchasing tickets for an upcoming game. I can get a ticket anywhere in the stadium I want. I found on that is 5 to 10 rows from the very front. Is this too close? What I mean is, is the angle from those seats too level to be able to see action on the far end of the field?

I thought about buying tickets further up but then I notice the distance from the front row to the sideline is quite a distance away. This is my very first pro (or college) game I've ever attended, so excuse the ingorance but I want to have the best possible experience. Thanks!

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

If the seats are along the sidelines, you probably want to be up at least 10 rows in order to see over the players and coaches that will be standing on the sidelines. This will vary depending on the stadium -- some fields are farther below the seating area so the lower rows are not blocked by the benches. If you are in the end zone, the closer to the field the better, IMO.

A friend of mine has season tickets at Ford Field in the 2nd row in the end zone. You get a great, close-up view of the action when the play is at that end of the field.

3. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

Paint one of the team logos on your chest/belly and during the game, stand up and take your shirt off. The colder it is (if it is an open air stadium), the more stupid you'll look and therefore increase your chances of getting on TV. It'll help to have a few brewskis in you before you do this. [​IMG]

4. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

What stadium are you going to? What section were the seats that were that close?

5. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

My only tip is to arrive at the parking lot when it opens and start tailgating ASAP. Not sure why, but there's something wonderful about eating a burger or dog from a grill in a parking lot.... Make sure you have plenty of time to wander the parking lot and observe the festivities.

6. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Buy one extra glass of beer than you intend to drink because you HAVE to spill beer on someone before you've officially attended an NFL game.

If you have a sexy girlfriend, make sure she wears the minimum amount of clothing allowed and that she is very enthusiastic in her cheering. Hell, she doesn't have to be rooting for anything, just random bouts of jumping up and down and kissing nearby fans will do.

Seriously, television does not do football players justice in regard to how much bigger they are than us. I remember attending a game at Lambeau when the Bears were in town and the Chicago players were coming out from the locker rooms. Now, everyone looked pretty big to my eyes and then out walks "Big Cat" Williams, and this guy was just an absolute monster. In my opinion, you want to be as close as you can be to the field.

Bruce

7. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I recommend bringing one of those small, work-out trampolines. [​IMG]

8. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Bruce - A game at Lambeau, you are one lucky guy.

Mark - take lots of cash.

9. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I totally agree with that. I had the fortune to sit and chat with Leon Searcy and Tony Boselli.....Holy shit.

10. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

How true. Sitting in the 2nd row of the end zone gave me a better perspective on the size of these players. I also was fortunate enough to get floor seats under the basket for a Piston game several years ago. Even Isiah Thomas looked big from there (and he looked so small on TV compared to all the other players).

11. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

Qwest Stadium.

I found tickets for $48.00 on the 50 yrd line. 5 rows back from the very front (section 109). I went to the qwest field website and took a virtual tour. It looks like the seats start a little bit above the field so you already up, even if you sit in the first row.

Another question is, is it better to sit on the end where you get the action of the touchdowns? But then again, it's like a coin toss, cause TD's can happen at the opposite side all game. Or is it better to be on the 50 yard line?

I dont know why this is such a hard decision for me. I'm sure i'll have fun regardless of where I sit.

12. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I prefer the 50 yrd line. Actually... I would kill for 50 yd line tickets to the Ravens ! Is the draw for the Seahawks that bad ?

13. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

Well, this is preseason. That's part of it [​IMG] But I stressed to my date, we MUST be there by kick off. The second half of the game will be a sleeper. Unless it's close.

14. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

You guys haven't lived until you have actually walked the sidelines of an NFL game.

I did a complete home season once and it was very enlightening.

Here is a reality check for most people, those lineman who look so fat and out of shape, could easily run down 99 percent of the people who think they could outrun them.

I was still in HS at the time and after being on the field I always laughed when all but one of my HS football buddies would talk about how they could handle playing in the NFL. They just weren’t big enough to handle it physically.

The one I didn’t laugh at, he was a monster while in HS so I knew if he continued to work hard and caught a few breaks he could have a shot. In the end he played over ten years which is pretty darn good.